Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day Six "Personality"


Today, I want to talk about personality. Have you ever thought about your personality? Like why you act and think the way you do? I think about it all the time.

With regards to my mentor, she has mentioned her personality is sanguine. Where has she mentioned it? Well, lots of places. :O) But today, I am thinking about it and how as a sanguine myself how this affects my life. I'm reading a good book about it: The New Spirit Controlled Woman by Beverly LaHaye.

Officially, I am not purely sanguine in my temperament. I am predominately what the book calls a "san/phleg" which is a combination of sanguine and phlegmatic The book does a whole diagnosis but here is a brief glimpse:

"The easiest person in the world to like is the San/Phleg. Her overpowering, super extrovert sanguine tendencies are offset by her gracious, easygoing never-get-upset phlegmatic traits. The San/Phleg is usually a very happy person whose carefree spirit and good humor make her a lighthearted entertainer who is sought after by others. Helping other people is her chief business in life, and when she consecrates her life to Christ, she gets her greatest joy out of serving Him. She often loves music, and if she can carry a tune she'll be moving and effective singer. If I were a choir director, I would put all san/phlegs in the front row because their smiling countenances and joy-filled appearance usually blesses the congregation even before the choir beings to sing...." pg 99

It goes on and on and even nails my weaknesses on the head. It gives me an opportunity to see how the world sees me. Anyway, I just wanted to share a little about me so you can know who I am. That way we can get to know each other better. What are you?

The point is not just to pretend you will care, but rather to encourage you to care about your own personality types. I think that is why Beth mentions her from time to time - by knowing more about ourselves we can know better how to relate to other. Most importantly, we can know how that personality helps us to relate to God.

Anyway, this is just a blip today. Go read this book it will change your life :O)


No comments: