Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day Five "Me A Heiress?"


Will this be the year that changes your life?
-Beth Moore, The Inheritance, Session 1

I am so in love with God. I love how He so graciously speaks to my soul and charges me up and gets me going. He knows what I want and just gives it to me in ways I can't imagine. I know that to some of you it may seem that I am a weirdo for making up an imaginary mentor. Yes, part of it seems insane to me too, but I can't help but be obedient to God when He tells me to do something. And, if I know anything, I know it is is plan for me to get to know Him in many ways this year and one of those ways is through my elected mentor Beth. I think as you and I see how our paths cross this year, it will all make sense.

So today, I came across some DVD's at my gma's house. Beth's The Inheritance message. I guess she taped it last year during her Tuesday night Bible studies and then released it. What matters is that when I saw it I just knew God wanted me to pop it in and watch. If you can imagine, it's like it had a blinking sign over it saying "Watch Me, Watch Me." So, instead of watching more westerns with my gpa that is exactly what I did.

Context: Just so you know, the last few days God has really been telling me this is going to be a pivotal year for me. If you really knew me, my pivots read like a crazy novel - but all that is for another time. What is important, is that God has made it obvious to my heart that if I trust Him, He is going to take me places I never dreamed. A few things of note include, I am living in a new home, I stand to graduate in May with two Masters Degree's (Lord willing), I will work this year as a full time missionary, and I am going to have my first opportunity to mentor a woman one on one. All ready, I just sense things are a brewin'. Anyway, so know this is going on in my mind and then I watch this video.

Here is some things I learned:

  • This is a prime time to have a year that changes your life. Her prayer at the beginning of this message is that it would be true for those who are watching.
  • The challenge: To find out what we are meant to do, AND DO IT.
  • Point One: God has made me an heir. We didn't chose to be His heir, He chose us. And we do not have dreams that are bigger than God's plans for us.
  • Point Two: I am a real life heir of God and c0-heir with Jesus Christ. "What meaneth this?" LOL. You are just going to have to watch the video to find this out :O) Just kidding, it just means that God intends for us to inherit all that Jesus stands to inherit. Jesus gets the double portion and we all share the rest. How cool is that? It simply helps me to realize I am loved just as much as Jesus is loved.
  • Point Three: Because I am a woman, technically I am an heiress. Which means, we as women are equal co-heirs :O)
  • Point Four & Key Verse: The lines for me have fallen in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance, Psalm 16:6. We can't even imagine the things that God has in store for us.
  • Also, I have to be careful not to get bored because it will get me in a whole heep of trouble.
  • Most important, God doesn't intend for me to be boring. I know this all ready, but it is great to hear it affirmed. God wants life to be exciting and it is not wrong for me to feel that way.
  • Life with God should be a wild ride, but it can only be so if we let Him do the driving.
Sometimes, when God speaks so directly to my soul I just look up and I am like, "Are you kidding me?" Even if you are a skeptic you have to admit there is providence that I would come across this DVD set at the beginning of a New Year when I am wanting nothing more than to experience God in a fresh way. Beth's term for this is, "I want a Jesus Year." Well, that so encapsulates my heart.

Look, I don't expect you to be as excited about what I am learning as I am. I am just saying, being obedient to God is just so amazing. With each passing year I can hardly comprehend how energized I feel as I understand this concept more. Anyway, this is enough for today, I will write some more tomorrow.

Now to Him who is able to do above and beyond all that we ask or think - according to the power that works in you - to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
-Ephesians 3:20-21

___________
** I'll continue to catch up on putting posts on the blog this week.

No comments: