Friday, January 29, 2010

Day 29 "You can do it"


You really can do it, you know. Whatever the harrowing path before you, you really can walk it victoriously. God will give you every place you step your feet for the glory of His name if you let Him. How do I know? For starters, Phillipians 4:13 claims that a servant of God can do all things - all things - through Christ who gives Him strength.

- Beth Moore, Believing God, pg. 103

There is something unique about the nearing finality of a task. Our senior year. The last semester of college. Resigning a job after many years. I don't know, it's a weird sensation wouldn't you agree? For me, I am in my last semester of my second Master's degree. I'm pushing forth trying to do my best, yet with the end in sight my insecurities about whether or not I can do it are increasing. I will admit to feeling overwhelmed today.

I don't think I am alone in feeling overwhelmed sometimes. There are projects, relationships, and circumstances that push us all to the brink right? But God used my mentor today to remind me of one of my favorite verses in Scripture: Phillipians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." She is right, we really can walk victoriously. Right now, though my mind is trying to convince me otherwise, I will simply repeat this truth until it is ingrained into my mind again. If I believe God can give me strength in other areas of my life, I can believe Him to give me strength, discernment and wisdom to finish my education right?

All right, I feel a little like Thomas the tank engine tonight, "I think I can, I think I can." LOL. But God is saying to me "DON'T THINK. KNOW YOU SILLY GOOSE! YOU CAN DO IT!" Yep, that is the key: He has been faithful to give me what I have needed before, so I will trust He will be faithful to give me what I need again.

Whew. My imaginary mentor gave me a good pep talk today LOL. I'm glad to be reminded of the strength of God my father.

Amen?

Tootles Peeps.

No comments: