Saturday, January 23, 2010

Day 23 "Protection"


When I wrote the first series, my life transformed dramatically. The enemy watched a forest fire of unquenchable passion ignite my heart for God, and suddenly I went from being an "interest" and a "concern' to being a "threat." At that point, I, like hosts of others who are serious about God, went into the crosshairs of the devils weapon. You see, we don't became a major threat until we begin to walk relentlessly in truth.

-Beth Moore, Praying God's Word, p303

God blessed me with an amazing prayer time today. It was much needed because I can not shake this ominous feeling I have had the last few days. The feeling is like being aware of that there is a war around me. Yet, right now, I feel an extra strong connection with God. I sense He is really working on something around me. Truthfully, I just feel like He is protecting me from something and He is just doing me this huge favor of not letting me know what it is. If that is true, I am OK with that.

Anyway, it has me thinking of the Enemy. I knew right where to go for inspiration today. It was an easy one - God wanted me to learn how to better pray off the enemy. My mentor, has a good resource for that: Praying God's Word. You don't need the book to do it, but since I am really trying to learn from her right now - it was pertinent that I made that choice. As I read her explanation of overcoming the enemy this quote stood out to me. I felt like God was giving me some insight to my current situation.

I am doing my very best to take my relationship with God to a new and deeper level. In fact, I am giving my whole life and even my career choices for the effort. I have been under attack before. I mean I am 28 - I've been called to full service to God since I was at least 18 or even before. But, this year I want to be more sold out - more dedicated - more disciplined - more blatantly alive for the cause of Christ. Like Beth reminds me, I think that makes my target bigger. It's scary, but it doesn't change my heart. Like Beth, I want to relentlessly walk in the truth.

I like this prayer she provides in the same book based on Ps. 16:1-2, pg 314:

Keep me safe, O God, for in You I take refuge. I say to You, Lord, "You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing."

God is my good thing. He is my protector. For this I am eternally thankful. Fight the enemy friends, I promise you it is worth it!

Song of the Day: Deeper by Meredith Andrews

No comments: