Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 16 "Answered Prayers"

"We sure as heck can be victorious."

- Beth Moore, Session 8 from "The Inheritance"


Moreover, keep Your servant from willful sins; do not let them rule over me. Then I will be innocent and cleansed from blatant rebellion. - Ps 19:13

God answered my prayers last night in an unexpected way: He spoke to me directly. This prayer from the psalmist is but one example. I woke up feeling hopeful. I was ready to hear God speak. He led me to my elected mentor Beth and to watch the eighth video from "The Inheritance." I know God wants me to take the message to heart. He spoke through her again today, I am dumbfounded.

The lesson is to realize that we are not to live defeated. Sometimes we sin willfully and sometimes we sin reactively, other times we realize we misuse the God-given property God gives us. Sometimes we succumb to the lies of the enemy. We can know that everyone has sinned and squandered at some point. Sometimes we really are just stupid when it comes to life. It goes on, but it gets to the point that we can break the cycle. God wants us to realize our value in Him. He intends to heal us. He intends us to be victorious and to inherit the kingdom of God. He intends us to be beautiful heiress'. We can overcome the worst in ourselves. We just have to repent and give it to God. It goes from who we were to who we are now in Christ. Nobody in Christ can keep on sinning. We must be repentant of our sins 100% as God shows us the flaws in our heart.

Look, I am paraphrasing. There is way more to this lesson then what I am capturing here. Just know if you watch this message: I get it. I get it. I relate to my mentor today.

Here's what is important for me right now: I realized about my mentor that God has worked in her life in a gradual way. He has healed her and grown her overtime - step by step. I believe He is doing the same in me. He is showing me that my dreams can be a reality - I just need to be obedient to His will for me each day. I'm working to be obedient and productive consistently. Life is busy, but life with God is satisfying. And, I don't have to listen to the enemy whispering hateful things in my ear.

That's about it for now. God is good and I am glad to be reminded that He wants me to be victorious!

No comments: