Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 27 "Expect the Unexpected"


God wants to do in your life what your eyes have never seen, you ears have never heard, and your mind has never conceived.

Beth Moore, Breaking Free (Workbook), pg. 31

Today is one of those days that flies by at the speed of light. I feel like I am getting nothing done whatsoever, but there is still a good portion of the day left. I know why, my heart is in a state of expectation today. Mentally, my brain is pinging all over the place. I feel like I am sitting here and any minute something awesome is going to happen or something not so awesome. I am waiting for some news, it will either be good or bad. Either way, life will continue on, but if God blesses me in an unexpected way with this request of mine, I will be put in a position for true success on a project that I am working on. I believe God will work for the good here whether or not this particular puzzle piece falls into place. OK. Enough with vague ramblings right? :o)

Something about this quote puts my heart at peace. Will God really do things in my life that I can't imagine? Yes, I believe He will. I never know what will happen in a day, but it is sure fun not knowing. There is something so cool about living spontaneously with God - it keeps life interesting.

Obviously, the message of Breaking Free is on my mind again today. Particularly, God drew my mind to thinking on "knowing God and believing in Him." Beth talks about this concept on Day one of week two in her 1999 Breaking Free bible study series. I like the Scripture associated with this:

"You are my witnesses,' declares the Lord, 'and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he."
- Isaiah 43:10

There is something so breathtaking about knowing that we are chosen by God. This concept washes over me in a fresh way today. It makes me feel alive. It makes me feel special. It gives me the motivation to do my best to make a difference with the life God has blessed me with. It makes me want to do everything I can to become a place where the Spirit can happily dwell.

She also adds this:

Trusting an invisible God is not something that comes naturally to any believer. A trust relationship grows only way: by stepping out in faith and making the choice to trust. This "step" can sometimes seem more than we can take, but God is anxious to help us overcome our unbelief. The ability to believe God develops most often through pure experience, "I found Him faithful yesterday. He will not be unfaithful today." (33)

I agree that trust is key to truly believing God. I don't disagree that sometimes this is so hard. Especially if you have endured past situations where your trust in someone has been violated. However, I know God is asking me to take some steps of faith today. (This blog is one of them). He's asking me to take steps of faith in regards to my project. But it is so scary sometimes. Days like today I really have to work to remind myself of God's promises. I have to remember that I am chosen. God does want me to be a witness for Him. And, God allows me to be able to believe Him and to know Him.

So what now? Well, I just look forward to the wild ride that is God. I will embrace, "expecting the unexpected" as a lifestyle. It is my life all ready, but today I can look on it with a new drive and new commitment. I will remember that God is faithful and He is control of EVERYTHING.


Song of the day: Follow You by Leeland (Feat. Brandon Heath)


***UPDATE
There is absolutely no reason I should have received good news in regards to what I needed for my project. But God intends to show me favor today!!! I got a yes. I'm not really comfortable sharing with you guys what it is that I received, but let me just say the feeling is something like this: Imagine the feeling you get when you are doing what makes you most happy AND TRIPLE IT!

For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor. No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly.
Psalm 84:11

I can not say that I deserve the favor - who really does after all? But, I can say that I am so grateful to God for what He has done for me today that I feel like my heart is going to explode!

No comments: