Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 55 "Persistence"


OK. So today was a difficult day. The details aren't especially important, but let's just say my body did not want to cooperate with living a productive life. I have no idea what's going on, but most of the day I was out like a light or laid up watching my DVR Olympic Games. Hopefully tomorrow will be better or I will have to go to the doctor. But you know what? I still feel accomplished and I still feel happy. And, I can't wait to see what God is going to teach me about overcoming insecurity tomorrow.

Until then, Look at this verse with me:

Now to Him who is able to do above and beyond all that we ask or think - according to the power that works in you - to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen. - Ephesians 3:20

On days like today, verses like this are especially meaningful to me. They remind me of the power of God. We see here the progression of how able God is. We see that His ability is infinitely more than we can comprehend or imagine. I had a bad day due to sickness, but God had a good day and out there in the world He was accomplishing more than I can imagine. I'm not always going to be able to give Him my best, but I can persist and still try and do something. God wants me to remember His power today and rest in knowing that just because I don't feel like I accomplished anything significant, His power is still working in me so that I may bring glory to Him.

OH, and I have almost made it through my first week of my fast. Good thing I don't own Coke stock because it would have dropped a bit this week :O) It is taking a bit of persistence to stick this one out, but you know it really does make me consider God even more throughout my day. Realizing I am almost a week in made me think more about Easter and why I am doing the fast. I wanted a little boost in remembering why I am doing it and I remembered that my mentor could help me out on this one. So, here she is in all her glory from last Easter. This will give you a little glimpse into why it is my favorite day of the year.

Enjoy it and I'll see you tomorrow peeps.

No comments: