Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day 47 "Productive"


I ought to deem Tuesday's as my most productive day of the week. I really like Tuesday's for some reason - every thing always seems to go well for me. Today, I cleaned my house top to bottom, shoveled snow, and now I am working to get caught up on some school work. All I have done today is work, yet my heart is just so happy! I feel so blessed that God allows me to enjoy the little things in life. I just want to do my best to take care of the things He has blessed me with and knowing on days like today I have honored Him with my work just makes my heart feel full.

Hmm. My mentor seems to be avoiding me today LOL. I am just not quiet sure what God would have me learn from her. I think the situation is this: I wish today that I was actually learning from her directly. I would feel honored beyond belief if I could be her apprentice. I know I am not the only one in the free world who wishes to be her BFF, but I just want my heart to be pushed further toward God. I want to be taught how to exceed my current level of faith and service beyond my wildest imagination. I want to learn how to serve God more completely. I want to be mentored the way it talks about in Titus 2. Beth's just a woman. I don't need her in my life to accomplish that which God has from me, but it should be great to have some additional guidance that could help me avoid a few pitfalls along the way you know? She has had more than 20 years of experience in life that I haven't had. Alas, I am fading into a dream world right now. But, for now, I'm just thankful to have this mentor via books, videos and blogs. Maybe if I am faithful with this project, God will bless me with a real life mentor.

Anyway, tonight she leads Bible Study in Houston with all my fellow Texans. I wish I could be there. The group will be learning about David. I love David. He is one of my favorite Bible characters. So, this yearning has pushed me toward one of her books: A Heart Like His. This is the book version of the Bible study they are doing, so it seems fitting to learn from it today.

What I love so much about David is the fact that his heart was completely in love with God. Mine too. God is the only thing that make life worth living. I know to somebody in blog world it may seem silly that I can be in love with something invisible, but you know what? Being in love with God is so satisfying. Look here as Beth talks about David's love relationship with God:

The One who delivered David from his enemies was no distant deity. He was the object of the psalmist's deepest emotions, the One with whom he shared authentic relationship. David deeply loved God. David was a man after God's own heart because his desire was also the sheer pleasure of the Father. The Father's deepest desire is to be loved - genuinely loved - by His child.

If Samuel 22 and Psalm 18 compel us to see one thing, it is that God is a personal God we each can call our own:

  • He is my strength when I am weak
  • He is my rock when I am slipping
  • He is my deliverer when I am trapped
  • He is my fortress when I am crumbling
  • He is my refuge when I am pursued
  • He is my shield when I am exposed
  • He is my Lord when life spins out of control
A heart that makes Him its own - one that can state, "He is mine" - is a heart that cannot help but love. I love you, Lord.

-Beth Moore, pg 243

:O) You see? This is why even on my worst days my heart is so full of love. This is why my heart can feel so full when I am just doing housework. This is why I can love something invisible. I have only two desires I pursue fully in life: to be a woman after God's on heart and to one day hear from my God and my Father, "well done, good and faithful servant." If I accomplish those two things I will be so happy. Having a relationship with God is real work, but it is the best work I do day to day. Do you feel this way? If not, my prayer for you is that someday you can know the love relationship with God that is this full and complete - I promise you it is worth it.

What no eye has seen and no ear has heard, and what has never come into a man's heart, is what God has prepared for those who love Him. 1 Corinthians 2:9

Song of the Day: Love Lifted Me by Randy Travis

Peace out my peeps.

1 comment:

Heather W said...

I pray to have the love for God that David did. And even though he was a sinner, God still loved him and blessed him. That is was amazes me everytime I think about it, God loves us even though we sometimes are worth it... He still loves us. : ) Hope you are having a great day!

Heather