Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Day 41 "Snowed In"



Today seems a little different. Having a bit of a relapse with my cold. The good news? I had the best chicken and dumplins I have ever had in my life. (A southern soup basically made of home made chicken broth, chicken, and biscuits with a whole bunch of other creamy goodness added). And now, after all those dumplins (spelled this way on purpose :O) and all the vitamin C I can intake through about five different juices - I am feeling much better. It was really a great day to be sick because I was snowed in today! And, I had no where to go. It was beautiful outside. Check this view out my window:

Ha ha! Didn't expect that? Well, it truly happened! There is a stop sign you can't see in this picture and this poor fellow just slid right on past it. Lucky for Him it was a slow slide and neither he, the building or his car had any real damage - but I feel sure He was quite in shock!

God has blessed me so much today. Mostly, my heart is feeling entirely appreciative. I am thankful for the day off. I am thankful for how clean and pure the falling snow makes all the land around my house look. I am thankful for being warm and full. I am thankful for the wonderful nap I had today. I am thankful for my comfy PJ's. I'm thankful I could relax and watch some TV. I am just beaming with gratitude that God has seen fit to bless me so immensely.

However, I admit that today when I woke up I was a little weary and not up for "fighting the good fight." But, I really couldn't make the choice to continue on thinking this way because God had me working for Him bright and early. It started with a phone call from a friend who was having an even harder time fighting the fight than I was! I could hardly believe God called me to work for Him as even as I was feeling weak myself. Yet, He was with me, gave me the words to say to my friend. He encouraged her through me and encouraged me as I felt His presence with me. I feel special that God saw fit to bless my friend and I with encouragement today!

Thinking on my mentor, I go back to Breaking Free. Thumbing through the pages here is what God reminded me of through her today:

Sometimes I get tired of fighting the good fight, don't you? How can we muster the energy to hang in there and keep fighting to our liberty?....Beloved, if we want to keep a renewed strength to face our daily challenges or regain a strength that has faded, God's Word tells us to draw so close to the presence of God we're practically twisted to Him!

-Beth Moore, Breaking Free (Workbook), 218

Yep. That is what I need to do. I need to remember that when I am feeling weak, I need to get myself more fully consumed with HIM. God makes me so happy - even when life is not always going to best. He wrapped me up in His warm and loving arms today as I sat here, snowed in, and all alone. It is awesome. If I am lucky, I'll be snowed in again tomorrow :O)

Peace out peeps.

Song of the Day: It's Your Life by Francesca Battistelli

1 comment:

April said...

:o) Oh Yeah! Another April! Awesome! And no, it's not weird AT.ALL!!!! I was hoping I would meet a lot of interesting women doing this and so far so good! What week are you on in Breaking Free? I'm on week 6 - just started it last night. It's amazing!!!!

And meeting her was amazing! Even though I had 5 entire minutes with her all by myself, it still was not enough. I wanted to have a full conversation - I need a therapy session with her to be honest. She's changed my life is so many, may ways - I can not even begin to tell you. Insecurity is my middle name - but come April, I'm going to kiss it goodbye for good!

I so look forward to us chatting, and if you ever want to - you can email me: thelewisfamily08@gmail.com!

Hope to hear from you soon.