Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 35 "Confidence"


Don't throw away your confidence, which has great reward. For you need endurance, so that after you have done God's will, you may receive what was promised. - Hebrews 10:35-36

This morning I am for sure fighting off a cold. Boo. Nonetheless, I am working to persevere with life and to continue on with my commitments as best as I can, while I can before the worst of it sets in. I think after work I will have to load my body up with home remedies to try and keep the symptoms at bay. Can you recommend any good ones?

My energies are low, so no treadmill inspirations today. A video was surely enough to do the trick for my daily inspirations with Beth. The contents today? Another video from Life Today International. This particular episode aired January 27, 2010 and was entitled "Don't throw away your confidence." This video was more like an introduction to this new series, but there were still some good ideas to reflect on this morning.

The viewer is challenged to remember their rights as sons and daughters of God. Confidence is one of those rights. By using Hebrews 10:35-36 as a jumping off point she reminds us the degree of confidence we are supposed to exhibit in our daily lives. Her particular struggle was a spiritual attack on her own confidence. She used her struggle to teach us the difference between mood swings and spiritual attack on our rights as daughters of God. She noted how the enemy will often attack our spiritual rights in order to keep us from being obedient to the will of God in our lives. To overcome this we have to know our rights and fervently claim them in the midst of these spiritual attacks. And, we are to be obedient to God regardless of our "feelings."

I can relate to this today. I know the value of being obedient to God despite your feelings. Particularly, as I work to finish school and start a new ministry, I understand how the enemy attacks our confidence. Lately, as you will note, I have just had the weirdest thoughts about what I am able to accomplish. I have this strong sense of what God would have me to do, but it seems those areas which I know God has gifted me are under attack. I know I am called to vocational speaking, but my insecurities regarding that have grown exponentially as of late. I push past the doubts and feelings, but mano some days it is difficult.

The concept reminds me of a Mercy Me song, "Keep Singing." There are days where it may seem hard for us to continue on the path that God has set before us. But, we have to persevere with a righteous confidence. We have to know who we are in Christ and move forward with boldness on behalf the Almighty who loves us so very much. And when we do so we set ourselves up to receive all that God has promised us.

Song of the Day: Keep Singing by Mercy Me


PS: This morning I also read Jennifer's Rothschild monthly newsletter. This month she reminded readers about Beth's book, Get Out of that Pit. I like Jennifer's reviews, they are short and too the point - but full of life. I recommend you subscribing to her newsletter because there is a a great deal of encouragement to be found there.

No comments: