Friday, February 19, 2010

Day 50 "Transitioning to Security"


Well, before I get into my insecurity reflections for this week. Let me talk about my whole Ash Wednesday situation. I am getting some mixed responses on this. I need to research the holiday a little more I guess. Either way, for the next 40 days I am fasting to prepare for Easter, my favorite time of year. The fast starts today and ends March 30th - two days before my birthday and a few days before Easter. I like realizing that God is also preparing me for the last year of my twenties - sniffle. But, hey, I still am striving to make this the best year ever - so hopefully I will go out with a bang :O) Oh, and I am giving up drinking soda. Maybe not a big deal for you, but Coke is my coffee - I have it every morning for breakfast. I was in turmoil over it all evening last night - I really did not want that to be the thing to give up. I MEAN REALLY. But, as much as it pains me - no Coke for me today. Pray that I don't give up - the temptation is huge. However, my desire for God to change me is bigger and I believe that will give me endurance.

OK - now it's time to reflect on my journey toward conquering insecurity:

That, beloved, is our challenge. To let the healthy, utterly whole, and completely secure part of us increasingly overtake our earthen vessels until it drives our every emotion, reaction, and relationship. When we allow God's truth to eclipse every false positive and let our eyes spring open to the treasure we have, there in His glorious reflection we'll also see the treasure we are. And the beauty of the Lord our God will be upon us.

- Beth Moore, So Long Insecurity, pg 43

Seems a little impossible doesn't it? Yet, I'm willing to let God work in my life in a new way. What encourages me is the fact that I know that out there in the world, I am not the only one trying to be less insecure. As my mentor guides me and my fellow siesta's through this journey, I have a little more faith that security is possible.

Also, God is encouraging me during this time of transitioning to a new phase of life. Look what I was reading last night,

Consider your calling: not many are wise from a human perspective, not many powerful, not many of noble birth. Instead, God has chosen the world's foolish things to shame the wise, and God has chosen the world's weak things to shame the strong. God has chosen the world's insignificant and despised things - the things view as nothing - so He might bring to nothing the things that are viewed as something, so that no one can boast in His presence. But from Him you are in Christ Jesus, who for us became wisdom from God, as well as righteousness, sanctification, and redemption, in order that, as it is written: The one who boasts must boast in the Lord.
- 1 Corinthians 1:26-31

The deep down truth is that God is attracted to weakness in our natural self because there is more room to display His strength. I qualify as weak. I have my concerns that I am too insignificant to accomplish anything for God, but the fact of the matter is - all I have to do is boast in the Lord for that He enables me to accomplish. I don't have to be a superhero, I just have to be obedient and submissive to His will for each day. Then, before I know it, I'll be places I never dreamed I would be. I know I am scared like Moses of my calling. But, I have the inner drive of Paul to keep working to embrace the strength, boldness and courage that God provides.

Well, I had more to say about it all - but it just got deleted by a technical glitch. So, I will submit to it not needing to be added today. Anyway, I'm feeling encouraged LOL - I hope you are :O)

Peace out peeps.


1 comment:

Heather W said...

Hey! I was reading through the Week 2 comments today and saw yours! That's so funny. God works in awesome ways! I really like what you said " I don't have to be a superhero, I just have to be obedient and submissive to His will for each day. " I have to constantly remember to let go and let God handle every situation!