Friday, February 5, 2010

Day 36 "Breaking Free from my Thesis"


God is truly with me today as I dive deep into the world of Beth's Breaking Free Bible Study. As I look to discover all that lies beneath the obvious in the study - I feel overwhelmed. The amount of spiritual truths embedded into the message is just ridiculous. I have a sinking feeling even my mentor had no idea of all she was writing at the time. All theses years later, I suspect everyone is a little more aware. Nothing but God's truth could have spread to the extent that this message has.

Today, God deepened my respect for my mentor. I wouldn't have thought that was possible. God is building my awareness of what it took for Beth to be obedient to the work God did in her life for this message to become a reality. To not only go through the process and then to re-live it in order that God could use her messy story to encourage others to be more passionate about God - mano. I am not even diving into this message as deeply as I could - I don't have the time and my paper can't be that long :O) But, with what God is showing me I can easily say I stand in awe of what He accomplished here. I can only pray that God allows me to submit to His will so fully and completely.

Here is what gets me the most, the power of God to change a life. As I sit here on the brink of selling out my life to God completely, I am encouraged by his ability to take nothing and transform it in to nothing short of awesome. I don't think I'll be the next Beth Moore or anything, but isn't it cool that no matter what I become it will be incredible in the eyes of God? All He wants is our whole heart. With that heart He can change the world. WOW.

The underlying hope of this blog project is that God will reveal in me any parts of my heart that are not yet His. I want to be sold out, but I don't know how to tell if I am. Somehow, I don't think just having a passionate desire to be sold out is quite enough? I don't just want to be sold out - I want to live life like I am sold out to God. I want to be so in love, so crazy for Jesus, so in love with God that He is the only thing I think about. I know this seems obsessive, but really, is there any other way to live? I don't think so. I think if God is not your driving passion - then what is the point?

OK. I have to get back to work. I am in training to be a mighty warrior for God :O) See you guys tomorrow.

Victory can be a daily reality by only for those who are willing to be trained to be mighty warriors.

-Beth Moore, Breaking Free


No comments: