Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 54 "Tuesdaylicous"


We all know that I love Tuesdays. That is because they are all about moving forward. As I sit here, working to get my brain in gear, I have much to look forward to today. I will finish one of my seven classes that stand between me and my degrees - this is an exhilarating feeling. Six to go....I won't deny I have felt slightly overwhelmed because I have to finish three more in the next two and a half weeks: WHEW! But, it's Tuesday and I am charged up and ready to go.

Want to know what 's on my mind about my mentor today? Well, I wonder if she plays golf? Funny right? LOL. I know it is stupid thing, but here is why I am wondering. Yesterday was a decent February day here in New England. It was 40 and warm enough to go to the driving range. The wind was blustery, but the sun was shining and it put the hunger for golf deep into my bones. (But today that hunger has led to sore muscles and bones LOL). Anyway, so I went to the range yesterday and just did an awful job at hitting, but I had a blast :O) This will be my first full season to play the game of golf. I always thought it was a stupid sport to be honest. But last summer I played, I am now completely addicted. You want to know why? It is a sport that clears your mind. While playing your mind thinks of nothing else. And when you are out on the greens, alone in some beautiful place you can be in tune with God. It's peaceful, uninterrupted time to just chill, listen, and have a good time. It's also fun to play with a friend (as long as they don't take the game to serious :O). Maybe one day I'll write on this blog about me and my mentor playing golf - LOL. Until then, I'll just recommend you trying the sport.

Well, today is not sunny - it's raining and sleeting and a great time to stay indoors and get some work done. After my quiet time this morning, I was letting my mind wonder as I waited on God to give me direction on my mentor moment today. He brought me back to something I discussed with a friend yesterday:

God surpasses our dreams when we reach past our personal plans and agendas to grab the hand of Christ and walk the path He chose for us. He is obligated to keep us dissatisfied until we come to Him and plan for complete satisfaction.
- Beth Moore, Breaking Free Workbook, 132

Hmm. This hits me straight in the heart and is the encouragement I need to be more diligent in finishing school work today. Honestly, if I were chasing my personal plans I would be neck deep in learning the art of being a pastry chef. But God's plans are different for me. He has truly shown me that I am only satisfied when I am pursuing the impossible: becoming a vocational speaker who speaks and works on His behalf. I've mentioned before how ridiculous my calling seems to me at times. I've wanted to pull a Moses and ask God if He wants to use somebody else :O) But nonetheless, though I don't see my own potential, I can say that as I've pursued learning all I can with regards to skills needed to fulfill my calling, I have experienced God blessing me in ways I never imagined.

Life isn't easy, but I can say I am happy with where God has me. Considering the fact that in this economy when being dirt poor is the standard, I feel blessed that I can say I am happy beyond words. And, we have all ready seen in the blog this year that God granted to me one dream: to be a DJ. But look how much cooler God's version of my dream is: I get to do in church and lead people to worship Him. Sweetness :O). I can't wait to see what lies ahead.

My enthusiasm makes it hard to focus today. But, the point of the lesson, "To Live Happily Ever After," was to imagine what is like to have the Cinderella story come true in your life. Look what she says here:

If our experience on the scorching pavement of earth can occasionally be extraordinary, can you imagine what heaven will be like? You see, life, at its best, for believers on this planet is only a crude shadow of a far greater reality to come. Those occasional grand moments we share with Christ when two wills converge as one are glimpses of glory. (132)

And then later....

I have discovered the difference between blessed and happy experientially as well as scripturally. A few times when I've been most aware of the fullness and favor of God. I was totally broken. certainly, blessedness and happiness don't always coincide. When they do, however, they make a terrific pair. (133)

Ah, the joys of being happy. Can you even imagine what heaven will be like? I get goosebumps just thinking about it. I am in tune with the essence of what my mentor moment is teaching me today - I can remember that happiness and joy are always a possibility. Beyond that, I can be at peace during my times of utter brokenness. Do you get that? I pray that you do. I've experienced being a weeping mess on the floor before God and being at peace and I've experienced being happy beyond words. They truly are both possible. God is good all the time and all the time God is good. He is there to bless us if we are willing to let Him.

Who knows, perhaps you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this. - Esther 4: 14B

All right, I have to get to it. Thanks for your patience today. Here is a jam that will get you revved up today :O)

Song of the Day: Give Him Glory by Trip Lee

No comments: