Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 44 "Lovey Dovey"


Hmm. Love is on the brain today. So much in fact that I spent the whole day studying it. I took a workshop today on Dr. Gary Chapman's Love Languages. If you haven't heard of him before, well he is the man who came up with the idea that everyone feels and gives love in one of five different ways. His books and workshops help you to identify your love language so that you can effectively be loved and love in your marriages, families and relationships. If this is too "all over the map" of an explanation - just click the link they will do a better job. My brain is fried after a 8 hour workshop :O)

So, tomorrow is Valentines day. I wish I could say I am excited about it, but I am not. It is so weird, I usually am pretty excited about it. I am not upset or down about it, but this year the day just doesn't hold any real significance for me because I don't have anyone I can be all lovey dovey towards. I guess you could say that this year I am just kind of indifferent toward the holiday or maybe I am just tired and don't feel like shopping LOL. The main reason is because I am not going to be around friends and family. But you know? Love is still on my mind. Not the relationship kind of love, just love in general.

Maybe that is why I am not overly interested in spending my money on cards and all manner of other pink and red things. Even on years I am alone on VDay - I usually find ways to express my love, but this year it really is just me and Jesus and I don't think He cares if I make him a pink cupcake with a red heart LOL. I'll think about it tonight and decide tomorrow :O) - when I am not tired I'll probably do it anyway :O)

Today, I look at my mentor from a distance. One of the things I respect about her is how fully she loves. She fully loves her husband. She fully loves her daughters. She fully loves God. And, she loves those she ministers too. All with the genuine kind of love. Her personality type suits this kind of all out love (I should know - I have been diagnosed the same). But, her happy attitude does not negate the fact that she displays a loving attitude. If we can exude love just by living life...that is a talent worth being respected. It's a good reminder how I should live.

Just like I learned today - love is choice. In many cases we have to choose to love. God chooses to love us after all. We don't deserve it, yet He gives it. John 3:16 shows the extent to which this is true:

16 "For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.17 God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him.

Good stuff. This is the kind of love I want to think about tomorrow. I want to be grateful and thankful for the love I don't deserve, but the love I am blessed with. I want Jesus to be my Valentine. Not in a weird hokey way - just to do something different you know? Does that make since? If it doesn't - sorry LOL - I am doing my best tonight. Not every post can be a good one ahaha. OK. I'll spare you more ramblings.

To you guys, my imaginary valentines out there in blog world. HAPPY VALENTINES TO YOU. I pray you have a blessed day!

tootaloo peeps.

No comments: