Monday, February 15, 2010

Day 46 "Fully Loved"


OH, God has given me so many opportunities to feel and show love today. Coming off of Valentines Day weekend is such a wonderful feeling. My love tank was surely filled to the brim.

Today I got to spend time with two people I call my "mini-BFF's." They are two sisters seven and eleven. They both recently had birthday's and today was my day to spend with them and celebrate. We had such a blast together. Eating, hanging out, and most of all laughing. There is something so special about kids laughter - it warms the deepest parts of the soul doesn't it? Whew, I am so blessed. This evening, their mom and brothers joined in on the party and the day seemed complete. Now, my house is truly suffering and will need some love tomorrow - but out times together were so joyful I can hardly complain.

I wasn't quiet feeling the best today, but a heart full of love is a complete cure for anything. I even got to see my parents today.

My mentor moment came easily. God reminded me of a chapter in Feathers From My Nest. As I went back to the book, I was reminded of "magic moments." Beth is speaking as a mother looking to have magic moments with her children and encouraging others to do the same. The inspiration to me right now is to practice having magic moments. That way when God blesses me with little ones of my own to have fun with, I will be ready to create an atmosphere where my children can feel truly loved and appreciated for who they are. How do you create magic moments? Engage them. Here is the quote that stands out to me:

Consider making the goal engagement. Engage in their lives, in their interests. Talk to them. And listen. Oh, what they teach us - not only about life in general but often about life at their particular address.

-Beth Moore, pg 13

Sigh. SO TRUE. God has taught me so much by engaging with my mini-BFF's. He has taught me a new level of patience, a new way to laugh, and a new way to love. As I think on this mentor moment, I am challenged to go deeper and truly engage with them. :O)

Well, it feels good to know I am fully loved today on every level. I pray that your heart is happy and blessed. My heart is reminded of 1 Corinthians 13 - read it if you have the time. Here's the part I like best:

Love is patient; love is kind. Love does not envy; is not boastful; is not conceited; does not act improperly; is not selfish; is not provoked; does not keep a recored of wrongs; finds no joy in unrighteousness, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. - 1 Corinthians 12:4-8a.

Bye peeps.

Song of the day: Indescribable by Chris Tomlin

No comments: