Saturday, February 20, 2010

Day 51 "Old School"


As I study today, I am in the depths of Breaking Free. My mentor moment that I will share with you today is brief, but here it is:

God doesn't minimize the thing that break our hearts. He is not looking down on us thinking how petty we are because some things hurt us so. If we're so "heavenly minded" that we grow out of touch with earthly hardships, somewhere we've missed an important priority of Christ. God left our bare feet on the hot pavement of earth so we could grow through our hurts, not ignore them and refuse to feel our way through them.
-Beth Moore, Breaking Free Workbook, 99

Let that sink in a minute. God totally gets us. He is there to help us. He wants us to grow. And for today, I'll leave out my interpretation so you can have your on imaginary mentor moment :O)

Before I go, I wanted to show you this old school video about Breaking Free. I talk about it all the time. I am studying it for my thesis. So, I thought it would benefit you to see a glimpse into what I am learning. The video is not the best quality. And, it is of the old version - but that is the one I am studying so it totally fits here on this blog :O) Enjoy a look at my mentor over 10 years ago as God was at the beginning of blessing her proverbial socks off.


The message in these videos is great. And, this version is even still on the market. If you have the time - I really recommend it. It will change your life.

Bye my peeps.

No comments: