Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 170 "Fathers Day"


Here I am again in the midst of pure sweet internet bliss - even if only for a minute. I wish you could be with me right this moment. There is something so unique and absolutely wonderful about being in a church building in the presence of God before the people arrive and services begin. The feeling is nothing short of glorious and I really am able to wrap my mind, body and soul around God's sweet love and the stillness and peace which abounds when He is around. There is something even more wonderful about making a sound system work in all of it's bass blasting goodness. Some mornings, like today, I blast Travis Cottrell (particularly Victory in Jesus) so that I can be transported back to the amazing time I have with he and my BFF at Living Proof Live.

My mind is on my Dad today. I am doubly blessed to have both an earthly father and heavenly father who I adore completely. I am more grateful that God allows me to be aware of how good I have it on days like today. I pray these same feelings abound for you. Even if you earthly father has not been what you desire Him to be - remember that God is there to provide for all of you who feel you lack on days like today. Trust me, I've been there feeling incomplete in one way or another. Thankfully, God has taught me how to let Him be my everything.

This week should prove to be an interesting one. I pray that by this time next week I will have good news to report to you. For now, my heart is inclined to reference the verse that drives my future BFF's ministry and a couple extra:

For the word of God is living and effective (active) and sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating as far as to divide soul, spirit, joints and marrow; it is a judge of the ideas and thoughts of the heart. No creature is hidden from Him, but all things are naked and exposed to the eyes of Him to whom we must give an account. (Hebrews 4:12-13)

Deep stuff. But a clear reminder of how God's Word is intended to affect our lives. Seems fitting to be reminded of this right before a sermon :O)

Have a blessed day peeps!


No comments: