Friday, June 4, 2010

Day 155 "God's in Control"


So right this moment I am sitting in Nashville talking to a man about how he just went on a tour in Nashville, TN to hear a bunch of different Southern Gospel singers. That takes me back to my childhood and going along with my parents - gameboy in tow - sitting in pews across the country. My parents were really into it. I can't say I have many on my iPod now, but I won't lie hearing that these people are still singing makes me feel a little sentimental. And, it makes me miss my parents a bit - I imagine they would be overjoyed to have done all that this man just did.

Anyway, so I am in Nashville just for the day. I just came down to visit with one of my new BFF's Chris Adams. Getting here was an ordeal, but completely worth it. We just visited for a few hours and I told her some ideas I had in mind regarding what God wants me to do with my life. It was such a blessing to visit with someone who shares my heart for ministry. Just to talk about all the crazy ideas God has put in my head and gain some affirmation - that is just a cool experience.

I have to tell you that this morning - I felt like I almost died. I was up last night getting my ideas together for this meeting today. Everything went great - God really spoke to me - I was totally jazzed about it. I tried to go to bed early b/c I was to leave for the airport at 4AM. Well, somehow - I wish I knew how - I slept through three alarms on my phone - THREE! I guess I was in REM or something - needless to say when at 540Am I became aware of the fact that I was still sleeping SHEER and UTTER panic set in. My flight was to leave at 615 - and I live 40 minutes from the airport. I asked God why He had let me oversleep?? I regretted that question immediately. Don't I know by now that He is in control? Well, my stuff was packed. I threw my jeans and shirt on - grabbed my back pack and was out the door by 5:50.

Like a terrorist on a mission - I kind of looked like one I might add (may even still at this moment :O) - I drove to the airport like the speed demon I naturally am and I arrived at the airport at 6:25A. Ran in there - there was a flight leaving for Nashville at 7:15 - wouldn't you know it arrived at 10 minutes before my original flight... well, they put me on standby & said their was little hope. During the time I seriously repented over questioning God's timing - I sat there - my heart sinking at the possibility of not making my trip - and I just said if it is your will let it be done. And then, at the last minute - the attendant came and gave me the very last seat on the plane. God amazes me.

He didn't stop there. I am a great flyer on average. But this morning, I got totally car sick/plane sick or whatever and nauseous and well I was sure I would die. Let's just say the the experience totally drained me. By the time I got to Nashville I could barely walk or keep my eyes open b/c my body had been through so much. But, I knew better than to question God about it like earlier - I knew He had ordained the trip with the timing of the flights and I was like - OK - I just asked for the strength to walk out of the airport and save face with my friend. I said simply - I don't have to feel good, just let me glorify you. Slowly but surely as I submitted to His will I came back to life. I throughly enjoyed my visit and now, I just feel excited to move forward on the task God has given me.

And, now I am starting to really wrap my mind around the verse He gave me last night from 2 Peter 1:3:

For His divine power has given us everything required for life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness.

Amen. I pray the Lord makes this real for me.

Well, I know there is not really a mentor moment wrapped up in this. But, I did give her a shout out in the meeting I had and gave her credit for inspiring me to be all I can be for God. That being said - the goal is to try and get caught up some on this bl0g.We will see how that goes - b/c I also totally want to take a nap right in the middle of the kidland that I am sitting in :O)

Hope you are having a great day peeps!

No comments: