Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 158 "Inspired"


I love when God takes time to inspire me. I woke up and soon ended up watching a message from Kerry Shook, pastor of Woodlands Church in Houston, TX. I was drawn to it because a mission team from his church came to work with us here in New England once. But anyway, what struck me was the fact that his message was about discerning whether or not a dream you have is from God or not.

Clearly, this is relevant to my life right now because I am working to discern whether or not this vision I am whole heartedly pursuing is of me or of God. But Shook noted that a dream from God serves others and it blesses the body of Christ. For me, this serves as affirmation to the work God is asking me to do because the whole point and premise of it is to serve others. And, I believe if it bears fruit one day it will bless the body of Christ. Honestly, I am just trying to let myself get in the way of the process.

The whole point of what I feel like God is doing in my life is getting me to the point where I can effectively serve others. But like Joseph (the one who ended up as Pharaoh in Egypt), God is taking time to prepare me to serve. In His time, He will place me where I should be. (PS - I don't think that is Pharaoh in Egypt :O) )

Additionally, I am have been reading Exodus. This is a killer book of the Bible. God is using it to awaken my spirit in a whole new way. I had some time to think on it as I played golf today. One verse in particular stands out to me right now, Exodus 18:18:

You will certainly wear out both yourself and these people who are with you, because the task is too heavy for you. You can't do it alone.

This is applicable to my life right now. I can't even properly grasp in how many ways, but one thing it lets me know is that I must remember that if God does decide to help me grow this ministry concept that I am working on - I must remember that I can not do it alone. In the verses that follow God clearly sets up a plan for Moses to handle what is ahead. And it ends with

If you do this, and God so directs you, you will be able to endure, and also these people will be able to go home satisfied.

Woah. Pretty cool right? That God is so forthright in giving us the tools we need to accomplish His work? Anyway, all this time in Exodus in these last days has reminded me of God's power and His willingness to give us super natural ability to accomplish His task. I really relate to Aaron - He was probably overwhelmed a bit to speak like He did, but willing to go and do what God said nonetheless.

To conclude this day, my mentor moment is straight to the point and straight to the heart (from A Heart Like His):

Keep having faith even in the face of unexplainable evil or disaster. You will be richly rewarded for your faith even when others have scorned you for still believing. God is the only hope in this depraved world. He is faithful who promised (90).

Again, God seems to be preparing me for battle or at least to be able to deal with hardship. Hmm. I wonder what is coming.....

I had a great day today, I hope you did too. Peace out for now peeps.

Song of the Day: Do It Lord by Travis Cottrell

No comments: