Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day 154 "Pep-talk"


OK. A bit of a rough start today, but more sleep and onward to getting out of this funk. My mentor has my back today, so I am going to include more than usual in how it was used to help me today (from A Heart Like His):

Whenever you feel alone, rejected, or misunderstood, stand your situation up next's to Davids (50).

Yep. What I need. This is how the enemy is working to make me feel. He seems to do that to those He wants me discouraged.

David was comfortable enough with himself to say, "This just isn't me." (50)

We can learn from David that God has made us who we are, not who somebody else is (50).

Yep. This is what I need to do. I have been worried because I see all the reasons why according to the world's standards I am not fit to do this task at hand. Nor do I feel I have all the tools I know I need to do it well. But, at this point all I can do is recognize that I just need to be me and trust the rest will come together. For me, I just have to deal with the giant at hand, which opens the door for the next thing that spoke to me:

David's example teaches us some wonderful, practical truths we can use to deal with the giants in our lives. First, he illustrate what God's Word tells us - that we are loved, gifted and blessed. We can do anything through Christ who strengthens us (Phil. 4:13). Second, David reminds us to measure the size of our obstacles against the size of our God... Third, David shows us our need to acknowledge an active and living God in our lives. (51)

I loved how God is using this to get me jazzed up about life tonight. It is a well needed pep talk before my big day tomorrow. I don't know what will happen when I wake up in the morning, but I can know God is living and active and will be there to guide my steps tomorrow.

Our victory rests not on faith in our spirituality. Our victory rest on faith in our God. We're often intimidated in battle because we are uncertain of our faith. We must remember we don't stand in victory because of our faith. We stand in victory because of our God. Faith in faith is pointless. Faith in a living, active God moves mountains. He is alive. He is active. He wants to make you living proof. (51).

Well, I am off to see what I can pull together for tomorrow.

----

Update: I had a really productive time with the Lord. I can't say I am were I want to be. But, I am as ready as I can be at this point. Off for a few hours sleep before I am too the airport.

No comments: