Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 165 "To Read or Not To Read"


Hmm. The sleepless nights continue! At this point, I am really starting to take it seriously. What can I do to be more productive with this time? So, instead of incessant TV watching during these late hours - I am working to get back to my reading. I'm still just "trying to fly the plane" but doing my best to go to the instruments I have at my disposal, especially God's Word. Also, I am continuing in my A Heart Like His journey. Though I am not as proficient into the wee hours of the morning one cool thing stood out to me today:

Without a doubt, the most precious and painful times I have had in this Christian experience were times when I realized I was all alone with God. Such times forge an unforgettable, inseparable bond. Don't miss the opportunity. I am convinced that God sometimes stays the encouragement of others purposely so we will learn to find Him (116).

Amen to that. I concur that these times are precious. But in the moment, like now, it can be a little difficult. This encouragement to stay strong and enjoy the alone time is pleasing to my heart and soul. The good news is I can rejoice in the deepening bond between God and I. I do feel it - a deeper connectedness developing. I suppose what I am experiencing is just not knowing how to process it.

The good news is, God is giving me peace through this. He has reminded me of how serving others often makes me feel better. And, since I am still on house sitting duty - I have decided to do somethings around the house for my parents. It is so great just to be able to serve and honor them as I can. I haven't always had the opportunity to live near them - so I am just working to make the most of it while God allows it. That is how I spent my day today - just cleaning. I realize I talk a lot about cleaning lately - it is how I cope with stress I guess ;O) I am fine with a mess, but I also know it is good for me to stay busy.

So. I guess. Onward with my God bonding, serving by cleaning and reading till I pass out! :O)

My dad will be home in a few days. It will be nice to have someone to visit with. Bye peeps.

No comments: