Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 82 "Looking Ahead"


Some how being so close to the finish line of graduation has started me to think about what I am going to do with my life after I graduate. I mean, I all ready know I am going to work full time in ministry, but I need a job to pay the bills until full time ministry provides a way for me to live. And, since BM hasn't called me and asked me to work for her (LOL), I started brainstorming. Then, I got this crazy idea. I think I want to be a professor again. Out of the blue I was sitting on the couch and I was like, I think I am going to apply to be a professor. Well, I knew I needed to find another job to support my missionary work - but I didn't quiet expect God to put this on my heart. So, I am in process of applying to my school to be an online professor at Liberty University. It might be a fluke, but hey, the randomness of the thought makes me think God is at work. So, I will pursue this and let you know later how it turns out OK?

Meanwhile, let's get to my mentor moment.

Never let anybody tell you that sustainable victory in this flesh-and-blood existence is not possible. A secure woman exists inside of every one of us, and she is begging to come out.
-Beth Moore, So Long Insecurity, 203

Thumbing through my SLI book, this struck me today. It resonates as true in my soul. I feel victorious. I didn't come to this on my own. I am coming off of a high of seeing God work mightily in my life and I can say - I wouldn't have made it through these last two weeks without Him.

Plenty of people have tried to discourage me over the years from living my life fully for God. Satan has used me as the most powerful weapon against myself. I have often had to work to overcome the fact that I can be more than my past mistakes. Sustainable victory is possible. I hope what you know of my journey thus far is evidence to that. We do have secure people inside trying to get out.

We just have to stick to it you know? We have to remain committed in the good times and the bad and God is faithful to let the victory we have over past sin to be sustainable through time. As I embrace becoming more secure via my mentor's encouragement and God's working in my life - I have to say God has empowered me by showing me this statement today. He wants me to remember and know that the freedom I feel is available always.

Anyway my friend, I hope you know that though life may ebb and flow - we have the power through God to have victory over that which makes us seem less than worthy. We are secure in Christ and God wants nothing but the best for us. So here is to the future! Though we don't know what life may hold - can we at least commit to living in victory over our oppressive circumstances while we let God make us into the secure woman He intends to be? Let's do it.

Blessings peeps. May God bless you in an unexpected way today.

No comments: