Monday, May 31, 2010

Day 151 "Memorial Day"


I woke up this morning around 9:30 and was ready to clean house - mainly b/c I thought I was going to have company today. Around 10am I watched a parade out my window. I can't say that I have ever experience that before! But, this town I live in now is really old and I live on "Main Street" (literally). And, well all it was was old cars and brownie troops - but it was cool nonetheless.

I didn't have visitors - BOO - so I went to play golf because the weather was INSANE and absolutely perfect for it. Then, I went to a friends house for an impromptu BBQ. My idea :O) - I needed to celebrate with somebody - I do not like being alone on holidays - it feels wrong. So I found me a fake family and had some fun LOL.

The coolest thing about today was a telephone visit with my aunt. Wow. God used her to totally encourage me. She was all about how God has changed me, God has big plans for me, and by the way totally convinced that I should send my resume to LPL. HAHAHA. Not that I wouldn't love that, but come on really?? I don't think I would feel secure having someone working with me who has studied my life for three years LOL - let alone writing a blog that makes it clear that everyday for a year I am going to write about her. So, unless she calls - I think I will hold steady on not pursuing that one for now LOL.

Well speaking of the future BFF. Here is my Word for the day, again from A Heart Like His:

If you aspire to greater authority, you must accept the greater accountability that goes with it (41)

And...

We dare not minimize disobedience to God (41)

Considering my calling, I take this directly to heart. I can't say that I am aspiring to great authority, but I can say that I feel like God is having me come to terms with the possibility of it. The thing that scares me most about what God is possibly asking me to do is that I have no one in my life to keep me accountable. TRUST ME. I would love to have someone I could share my life with. Thus far, I move to much to have it. And, right now, the only strong Christians near me are my parents and well that is just not the same. However, I see this as a weakness and I am trying to find ways to keep myself accountable before God (like this blog) and I am praying for someone to come along who can nudge me here and there and who can take hearing about my life without getting overwhelmed by it.

Second, it puts this whole disobedience thing into perspective. I work so hard not to be disobedient. But in times like these where the pressure is so great - it is VERY difficult. And sometimes, I just have to sit still and do nothing for awhile until I can relax. But seriously, the ideas in my head this week are CRAZY. I know we aren't meant to work every second of every day, but Mano - finding balance is difficult.

Anyway, I am not really in a writing mood today. Three more days till I get to share this ministry concept God has given me with a friend. The pressure is building. I am working to remain strong and steady in God.

You peeps are awesome. Thanks for sticking with me.

No comments: