Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day 142 "Still No Holy Land"


Golf has alluded me these last few weeks. But today....I FINALLY GOT TO PLAY. I wish I could put into words this new obsession I have with it. When you spend a number of years being confused by something and even years making fun of others passion about it - it is kind of like culture shock to the system to be in love with a game that has only been a part of my life less than a year. It is kind of like getting your first dose of the Holy Spirit after salvation - once you get a taste you are hooked for life :O) LOL. Granted, golf does not make me as happy as Jesus does - but when I am out in 72 degree weather on the most gorgeous day in complete awe of creation and God's love for me I can honestly say it is a good experience.

Anyway, so the BFF has still not invited me to the Holy Land LOLOLOL. I was out playing golf today and I had my cell phone so what is up with that? Well, I suppose we would have to talk in order for her to be inspired divinely to invite me LOL. But, I will admit that I secretly hope that one of her staff would get sick (not real sick just like you know I can't travel sick) and then God would send an angel to her like the one who talked to Mary and was all like "Take April, I want her to be blessed with a trip to the Holy Land with you." LOL. It could happen :O) And I would go without hesitation - after all, I still don't have a job :O) My God is big and I am just optimistic enough to think it could be a reality :O) I am convinced I will be a part of a miracle sometime soon - so it could be this - you just never know LOL.

Being outside under the sunshine uplifts my spirits if you can't tell. This uplift was needed b/c instead of playing golf yesterday I went auctioning with my Dad for like six hours. It was fun, but playing golf is better ;O)

On to what I learned from the BFF in A Heart Like His:

I read the chapter on taking God for granted. This one gets my engines good and fired up because I am surrounded by people in New England who live just like those described in the chapter. So much in fact that I am too wound up to really write about it. One sentiment that I found most refreshing was, "God commands us to make Him our absolute priority." (26) I am so there. I seriously want God to have His proper place in my life - I hope you do too. God says if we seek Him we will find Him. I don't just want to find Him - I want to know Him and I want Him to be exactly who He is supposed to be in my mind and in my life.

I've been contemplating this a lot lately. Even before reading this today. I know we are all called to serve God in different capacities - but I just don't get why people don't include an obsession with God as a prerequisite to their vocational callings. Think about it. If everyone was equally obsessed with serving God in their day to day tasks - what would that look like? I don't know, but I do know I will do my best to convince people of the benefit of God in their life. (Imagine what I would be like after a trip to the Holy Land LOL). Anyway, I am fired up right now. So, I better go and use this passion to prepare for church tomorrow.

Peace out my peeps. I will talk to you soon.

I am the Lord your God who teaches you for your benefit, who leads you in the way you should go. If only you had paid attention to My commands. Then your peace would have been like a river, and your righteousness like the waves of the sea.
- Isaiah 48:17-18

1 comment:

Amy J. McCart said...

your BFF..... Beth Moore?? :) Yes....visiting the Holy Land will ROCK! My husband has been, but not I yet. :( And I share your sentiment about golf. :) hehe
But seriously, I can feel your excitement. Isn't it awesome to be too wound up to even right?!?

"God commands us to make Him our absolute priority."

Amen and Amen! Let's be a light and share it with others!

Bless you!