Monday, March 1, 2010

Day 60 "New Month - New Beginning"


Today is the official start of month three of my blog project. I can hardly believe it. A lot will go on in my life this month. I will finish three more classes toward my Master's degree. I will finish my fast preparing me for Easter. I am going to go to a Fresh Grounded Faith Conference. I'll play my first round of golf for the season :O) And, I am going to be commissioned as a missionary in North America. Crazy, but cool.

So, I've successfully made it through 10 days of my fast (it feels like longer). I'm starting to feel less tired without my caffeine, but I don't feel out of the water yet. My struggle has been knowing what to add to my life to drive me closer to God when I am feeling tempted. I have more chances in my day to think of Him, especially when the cokes in my fridge taunt me :O). But this morning, God gave me a cool thing to do that I think will help my fast be a little more productive spiritually. I am going to read though the New Testament. This is cool to me for a couple of reasons: First, there are 27 books so I'll see the whole story of Jesus unfold and conclude before Easter and before the end of my fast. Second, it's been a while since I just read it from beginning to end. I usually just read them in no particular order. And, I usually end up on Paul's letters most of the time. So, this will be cool. If you want, maybe you can do it with me. 30 days in the New T, I think it will be interesting.

Hmm. So today, I'm gearing up for a night of school work. But, first let me deal with my mentor moment:

Attitude is everything when it comes to limitations, and the way you view yourself will acutely shape how others view you. Nothing is more impressive than a person who is secure in the unique way God made her.

-Beth Moore, So Long Insecurity, 81

This speaks to my heart because sometimes I can feel overwhelmed with my limitations. Like right now, I am taking a class that is just killing me. It makes me feel dumb, but I am doing my best not to let it get to me. I mean the goal is to learn right LOL? But, God is really enabling me to be myself in this class. He is teaching me to just be myself and realize that I don't have to be a superstar in the subject. He is allowing me to not feel intimidated by the level of knowledge some of my classmates have. And, though I wouldn't of thought it possible, I do feel more secure just being myself and admitting that I don't get it sometimes. It is freeing. Now, I might not get the best grade in the class, but at least I can end it happy with myself and my effort right? :O)

The limitations she talks about here aren't just in the class room. They can be a disability. They can be your appearance. They can be a lot of things. But the point she drives home is this:

God can bring freedom and vision to your life because of those limitations that you would never have discovered without them. You can let your limitations make you either insecure or unstoppable (83).

Whoa. So true. I face it everyday. I'm often intimidated by the knowledge of others. I often feel my looks aren't up to par. But, embracing that God made me like I am for a reason has enabled me to change my focus. It allows me to know that who I am will allow me to fulfill God's perfect will for my life. All I have to do is have faith in the process.

I am reminded of John 20:24-29. Particularly were it states, "Don't be an unbeliever, but a believer...Those who believe without seeing are blessed."

I hope you peeps feel blessed today. God is good and if He can help me overcome my limitations - He can help you overcome yours.

Song of the day: Can Anybody Hear Me? by Meredith Andrews

No comments: