Saturday, March 27, 2010

Day 86 "Conversations"


Well, me and my can of Big Sexy Hair Root Pump Spray Moose are handling Atlanta well :O). My day has been full of amazing conversation. I have met people from all over America. This one couple works with refugees. They help those kicked out of their countries acclimate to life here in America. Did you even know that could be a job? Me neither. They have the biggest hearts and their passion to serve and help those in need exudes from their faces. God's glory is truly shinning through them. This other couple lives in Colorado and they minister to the foreigners who come from other countries to work in the resorts there. And my other friend works with transplants from Iraq who are trying to make a life in Kentucky. I literally met and 'conversated' with about 25 people today - all different and new from the people I met yesterday. I sit here dumbfounded by the way God is working in the lives of others - it blesses me to be around people who love Him so much. I feel so lucky to be here.

So in the morning, me and all my new friends will be before about 9000 people (or so they tell me). Um, little intimidating maybe? YEP! To God be the glory - may He be with my mouth when I have to introduce myself in front of them! Pray for me please! But, at least I have my shiny new gold badge... when I wear it I feel like a kid in school who has just received a gold star LOL. Maybe it will give me courage tomorrow :O)

I am starting to feel exhausted in a good way - so much in fact I almost didn't write. The power of God around me overwhelmed me tonight. When I got back to the solace of my room, I wept before Him. I am embarrassed to admit it, but being in the midst of God sometimes makes me feel so inadequate. Are you ever amazed He can use at all? After a good cry and dealing with some hurts that randomly emerged (good bye insecurity!), I got my praise and worship on and now God's joy and peace is beeming from me. I love that we can just be ourselves before God. I love how I can just go before Him and seemingly cry out from the depths of my heart in pain and then rejoice later because my heart is so happy. I don't deserve to be loved this much.

My mentor moment really comes from conversations I have had with people today. As I have said, I keep my fake mentor situation on here a secret. The fewer people who think I am crazy the better :O) But people talk to me about BM all the time. Isn't that crazy? Sometimes I wonder if there is a sign on my head that I can't see that says, "Hi my name is April. Please approach me and talk to me about Beth Moore." Three people today talked to me about her and of course I am thinking "you just have no idea how much I get what you are saying" LOL. This leads me to my mentor moment from God today.

I am to work to be in tune with God to the extent that my life radiates His glory and love in such a way that others are impacted positively. I don't know what my future ministry will look like, but I do hope that God renovates me in such a way that I can be real like my fake BFF and mentor. Mano, what she does has to be exhausting. Pouring out her soul to God in front of a crowd... preparing... working it out before hand. I know the struggle it is just on the minor level I occasionally do it some times. No doubt she sheds a few tears getting ready to speak here and there. But what an example she is to me. Persevering. Glorifying God. Yet, somehow she stays out of the spotlight and lets it just be about God and how He is working in her life. No shame in trying to learn to do that with my life right?

Anyway, Life is a crazy ride. Here's to the adventure ahead. Peace out peeps.

Song of the Day: I Like Me by Kirk Franklin

No comments: