Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day 84 "Peaceful in the ATL"


Right now, I am sitting in the Westin Hotel near the Atlanta Airport. I wish you could be here with me, I can honestly say I feel like I am living the posh life right now. I could live in a hotel you know. I actually feel more at home in hotels then I do in actual houses - likely because I have spent so much of my life living in them. Want to know an interesting fact? A hotel in NYC was actually "my home" for like a month and a half - crazy right? But anyway, I digress.

Today has been AMAZING. Since I am behind on my posts you don't know that I have been very anxious feeling about making this trip. I don't know why really, but some how being honored in front of a group of people makes me feel weird. I am not the only one - so I am not trying to be like "I am special" - but nonetheless I kind of like just living life anonymously. Anyway, I woke up with such peace in my heart this morning. I mean like crazy levels of peace flowing through my body. I had hardly any sleep yet I was energetic and ready to go. I finished packing - I have never had an easier morning before a trip. Then, my trip here was without incident. I have just felt like I was in my own personal God bubble all day - it's been crazy just feeling God so clearly interacting with me.

So I am here now and it feels so right. I just know God is going to work in my life the next four days. I look forward to learning more about what it means to be a certified missionary. I still can't believe I am being commissioned as a missionary this weekend. This is crazy. Never in my life would I have thought I would be a full time missionary, but it is God's will for a time I suppose and I am ready for the crazy ride He will take me on.

Of course, I brought my mentor along in various ways. I have my insecurity book and videos and the blog, but today God used a particular video to speak to me. It was a podcast from Life Today in April 2009 - the name of the lesson escapes me but here it the kicker:

"The Mind of Christ is Sound." - Beth Moore

Well duh April, right? But look at the context of this statement: In the message, she is talking about how the enemy wants us to question our sanity with hopes of ultimately destroying us. He does this by trying to convince us to live in defeat. He works to eat at our minds with fear, insecurity, jealously and a myriad of other issues that can make us feel psychotic. Ultimately, the idea is to convince us that living in fear and craziness is natural. Though I am over-summarizing, the point here is that in Christ we have the right to have a sound mind. We have the right to live securely and to not live in fear. We have the right to live confidently with Christ. We overcome what we lack by filling our mind with the soundness of God and His Word. Oh this is good stuff - Amen? Obvious, but what a fresh reminder it is to my soul.

You all know that I am back an forth on how I feel on this blog. There are days where I truly fear it. I feel like if people read it - they will consider me a lunatic. But you know? I am doing what God wants me to do in my life - even though right now I am not doing it as effectively as I would like. I have the right to have a sound mind about that which God asks me to do. Apparently, I just need to let God infiltrate my life more so I can embrace the soundness of mind He offers me. Many times on this blog I have made the resolution to approach this project without fear and trepidation, but it still keeps creeping up on me. But, if I can attest to anything, it is that God is at work in my life. Crazy or not, I know He is going to use this blog and Beth Moore to shape me into a better version of myself.

The relevance to your life is this: if God is asking you to do something crazy - just submit to it. We don't have to understand it to do it. We just have to be obedient. The ultimate point is that through the journey, we need to know and remember that God promises to give us a sound mind - He blesses us with that as we commune with Him.

Forgive my ADD tonight. I just feel I am having a mini-break through here. OK peeps. I need to go get ready for tomorrow. Talk to you soon.

Blessings to you :O)


1 comment:

Amy said...

April,

Thank you so much for your kind words! If you only knew how encouraging it is for me. :)

It can be a little hard getting used to a new place and trying to find where you fit in. But I am so encouraged by the Word, the Holy Spirit, and of course Mama Beth! We can and will overcome the struggles we face and we are victorious women of God. Let's keep in touch!

By the way, Happy Birthday!

Amy