Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day 83 "I'm Back"


Well, I am not dead incase you may be wondering. I haven't decided to hate my blog and never write again either :O) When I wrote at the beginning of the month that this was going to be a crazy busy month - I didn't realize that today I would think that was the understatement of the century. Even as I a write, I have 400 things to do, but you know it is all good in the hood. I am just counting down the days until May 15th when I graduate and can take some time from all this course work for a while. Honestly, I can say that I am just so happy. God is with me right now AND BOY O BOY is that so necessary. I would be overwhelmed without Him.

Tomorrow I leave for the ATL. I am going down to be commissioned as a missionary. It is my hope to get caught up on my posts for this month by the 31st because I want to start my birthday month on the right note :O)

Today's mentor moment is light-hearted because I feel that my mentor is in a jovial mood today, I can say I am too. I can honestly say she is the best imaginary friend I have ever had :O) She got an idea from a magazine on an airplane and shared it on her blog. This is one of the reasons I choose her as my mentor - I do stuff like this too. We were supposed to share ten things about ourselves on her blog that people would know about us if they were close. I think it is a fun idea, so I am sharing mine on here today:

  • 1. I love black music - i've always wished I could sing like Mandisa and rap better than Jay-Z
  • 2. I inherited a zip-lock bag obsession from my mom - i think of buying them every time I go to the store
  • 3. I've lived in many states and places, but I will always consider Texas my home
  • 4. I am a fast driver, if I could I would love to race cars
  • 5. I am obsessed with Blue Bell ice cream, which is ironic since for the last 15 years I've lived places that don't sell it.
  • 6. If I could, I would travel to a new place every day just to experience something new
  • 7. I am obsessed with learning, but I try not to let anyone know that.
  • 8. I love keeping a clean house, but for some reason I really hate doing the floors - i mean I HATE IT :O)
  • 9. Coke is my favorite drink, I've been on a forty day fast from it and felt sure I was going to die many times :O)
  • 10. I could live the rest of my life just eating pizza, chicken alfredo and mexican food
Sigh. I could go on, but I am procrastinating as it is. I'll be honest, keeping up this mentor gig has really been difficult for me lately. Basically, I am just insecure about it again I guess. I think part of it is that I feel like it reminds me that I don't have a real mentor you know? Oh what I would give to have coffee once a month with my fake BFF. And, I've been a little discouraged b/c my schooling is keeping me from my keeping up with my blog postings. But look at this encouragement God gave me today from a book I was reading:

"Skills are also needed for success. Although God can work around our lack of skills, it is much wiser to develop skills. Ecclesiastes 10:10 says, 'If the ax is dull and its edge unsharpened, more strength is needed but skill will bring success.'"

Anyway, this just reminds me that God has me going through what I am for a reason. In less than two months I will have two masters degrees. I can't wrap my mind around this. I can't imagine what life will be like for me then.

I miss you guys. I would love to know you if you are reading my blog. Please leave me a note, it would mean a lot to hear from you!

Peace out my peeps.

2 comments:

Heather W said...

Hey! I was actually wondering how you were doing this morning! You don't have much longer till May and when you are done, it will all be worth it. I'll be praying for you!!

April Nicole said...

Thank you Heather, I promise your prayers are not wasted. I really appreciate them! I hope to meet you some day! Till then, I am enjoying getting to know you in the blogosphere.

A