Friday, March 12, 2010

Day 71 "Behind, but not Forgotten"


Hey my friends in the blog world. (To Heather, thanks for the nudge to get back on here). I have been keeping up with my mentor journey, I write on my blog, but I am behind on publishing b/c I need to finish up the flow you know? So if you've been reading - hold tight - I'll be sharing what's been going on real soon.

Where have I been? Completely immersed in my mentors Breaking Free world. That big paper, aka my thesis, is due right away and the pressure to finish is so great that I have had to cut out every single thing in my life that is not completely necessary. It has been an insane last few days - 14 hours a day at a computer is not my version of fun, but I can't say that it has been all bad. Nonetheless, it makes posting difficult at the end of the day b/c my brain is mush you know? But, God is working and teaching me so much.

Today, I am still working and I really hope to finish my thesis project by tomorrow - so pray for me if you have the opportunity it will not be wasted I promise. My mentor moment is special to me today:

You may not ever know, but I'm going to tell you other people will notice it in you. It won't just be an inner beauty, it will be a beauty that also comes to your face, comes to your actions, comes o the things that you say, grace of speech that comes to those who are free in Christ.

-Beth Moore, Untying the Cords of the Yoke Video, Breaking Free 1999

This hits me especially because my heart's desire is to transform into all that God wants me to be. I want to be somebody different. I want to be better. Not because I want people to notice, but because I want to be so in love with Jesus that I am completely changed by my relationship with Him. I hope that I can become more like Him and less like myself.

Life is so fun. God has been teaching me to embrace what He has for me each day. Though it doesn't make since - these last couple of weeks that has meant I am mostly alone catching up on school work. I am learning a great deal and I can't wait to share it all with you. Thanks for sticking with me guys. I'll be back to normal soon.

For now, here is something from the Message paraphrase Bible that spoke to me during my quiet time: (Psalm 119:33-40)

God, teach me lessons for living so I can stay the course.
Give me insight so I can do what you tell me - my whole life one long, obedient response.
Guide me down the road of your commandments;
I love traveling this freeway!
Give me a bent for your words of wisdom, and not for piling up loot.
Divert my eyes from toys and trinkets, invigorate me on the pilgrim way.
Affirm your promises to me - promises made to all who fear you.
Deflect the harsh words of my critics - but what you say is always good.
See how hungry I am for your counsel;
preserve my life through your righteous ways.

This is my prayer and I hope it can be yours too.

Peace out peeps.

1 comment:

Heather W said...

Your welcome!! It is so funny that you used that specific mentor moment. A lady at church sunday told me that I just looked happier and radiant. Well, at first I'm thinking it might be my new makeup!! Ha ha! But after further thought, I'm hoping it's my inner beauty from Christ!!! Praying for you and your thesis!!