Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day 239 "Worship"


God has truly taken my life to a new level this week. I am sitting in the church building where I lead worship. It is the quiet of the morning - well before anyone is scheduled to arrive. I just had church all by myself as I ran through the songs for service. My spirit is alive this morning as I yearn for my true home heaven. I can not wait until the day where worship is our only duty. Won't it be glorious? I think so.

This week has been tumultuous - filled with extreme highs and lows. My heart is inclined to remember a song called "Up to the Mountain" - most recently covered by Crystal Bowersox. The passion in which she sings it moves me every time - but the words move me more b/c the the lyrics speak so loudly the outcry of the depths of my soul. So today, that is what I want to share on my blog post....

Up To The Mountain

I went up to the mountain because you asked me to
Up over the clouds to where the sky was blue
I could see all around me
Everywhere
I could see all around me
Everywhere

Sometimes I feel like I’ve never been nothing but tired
And I’ll be walking till the day I expire
Sometimes I lay down no more can I do
But then I go on again
Because you ask me to

Some days I look down afraid I will fall
And though the sun shines I see nothing at all
Then I hear your sweet voice, oh
Oh, come and then go, come and then go
Telling me softly
You love me so

The peaceful valley
Just over the mountain
The peaceful valley
Few come to know
I may never get there
Ever in this lifetime
But sooner or later
It’s there I will go
Sooner or later
It’s there I will go

Sooner or later that is where I will go. I've been up on the mountain a lot with God lately. Just me and the eternal vastness that is Him. It has been a crazy roller coaster of a ride that I don't expect will end any time soon. But what I know more than anything is He is showing me the depths to which "Seek me and Ye shall find" is the best verse in the whole Bible. He is letting me find Him in ways I have never known Him - I could not feel more grateful for the opportunity to know and love the God who gives me so much.

OK - I have to get going. Have a blessed day peeps!


No comments: