Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day 227 "Sunrise @ the Beach"


God allowed me to do the coolest thing this morning. I was having another sleepless night, but this morning I was charged up and ready to go like I had red bull for blood! In particular, I felt God pressing me to spend time with Him, but I also had a friend in mind b/c I knew she was going to have a rough day. In the midst of asking God to please give me a Word to encourage her (and ME too if I am being honest) - He gave me the coolest idea - Go take in the sunrise at the beach!

I was game. I packed up a towel, my Bible, my journal & I was off. I stopped and got two glazed doughnuts (a treat I have not had in quiet some time) and drove to the beach. I knew why God was pressing me to go there - my friend's favorite place is the beach - wouldn't it be cool if I could send her a picture from a beach but beyond that be all like "look where God had me pray for you today!" I was so jazzed about this idea. I kind of thought she might think I was psycho, but I just went for it.

I found a place to park - no tourists where out yet and parking was still free. I put out my towel - ate a doughnut - enjoyed the crashing waves - and then got to it. The morning wasn't necessarily beautiful - storms and changing of weather and all - but, it was still great to feel the sea air hit my face and sense the stickiness on my skin that only a beach can provide. I opened up the Word and after some time - God gave me this from 2 Timothy 2:7, "Consider what I say, for the Lord will give you understanding in everything."

I had to let that sink in. It was pretty profound. I knew it would be encouraging to me if I were in my friends shoes - matter of fact - it was encouraging to me in my current situation. My plight of late has been obsessive compulsive confusion in my day to day goings on. It was great that God would speak to me on such matters. Humbled, I just thanked God for the Word for me and my friend. I prayed a bit more over our situations. Then - I whipped out my iPhone, took a risk and emailed my friend of the morning adventures and how blatantly and specifically that He allowed me to pray for her in one of her favorite environments. I mean, woah.

I took in the waves a bit longer - enjoyed being still with God in a new place - and was all like "Thanks for this second doughnut it tastes way better than the first" - LOL. :O) And then I went home while the beach was still quiet.

You know, we can't always know when what God will ask us to do something that will bless someone else. For me, I usually spend more time trying to figure out if I am crazy and making it up as I go along. But today it was SO CLEAR. You see, I used to trust this part of my time with God more. But when relationships burn you a time or two - it gets harder to take risks. But you know what? God used this crazy impulse to bless my friend - I feel so blessed that God can use me in such a time of weakness to minister to another. Even though I feel unsuccessful in life right now, I am glad to know He is still using me.

So, when God asks you to do something that may seem crazy - whether it be for you or for someone else - just do it. In time, you'll be better at discerning such opportunities. I am not always awesome at this and many times I've written notes or done things that to this day remain response-less. That doesn't mean they weren't used - it just means I did my best to be obedient to God in the moment and that is what I have to be OK with. And then, on special days like this - I get the blessing of knowing He used my time with Him for good.

Well, I let you know when He gives me understanding on my current life :O) Till then...this story will have to do.

I would like to say I am came home and was blessed by my mentor moment with BM. But the truth is - I CRASHED. And then got oddly sick - so I was out the rest of the day. But, maybe knowing this story will bless you - even though it lacks the appropriate mentor moment :O)

Take a risk today peeps!

No comments: