Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day 229 "Nerdy"


Praise Jesus and Thank the Lord - TODAY I feel like a Nerd! :O) This is good for those of you who read my blog because it means several posts will likely make their way into the world of endless internet today. These last few days have been tumultuous to say the least. But this morning at the crack of 330 AM I was awake and just ready to be with my Jesus.

If you are like - um sleep much? Well, in fact yes LOL. I was "all set" with my day by about 6PM yesterday - so I was like "Nap time for you Missy!" So me and my jobless little self got snuggly and that nap turned into a much needed sleep. By 330 this morning I was ready for breakfast and more than ready to start the day after an uninterrupted sleep of 8hours (what is required for my inner mojo to be restored).

So after one of the best breakfast burritos I have ever cooked in my life - I was like "I'm here Jesus what now?" He was all like "Romans." And I am like, "Really?" And He was like "YEP." So Romans I read.... and I could hardly put it down! What an awesome book to rediscover this AM! It hit me right straight in the heart and it was like every word of it just made since to me. I must agree with scholars who say this is Paul's greatest work - and it totally inspires me to be all that I can be. Have you read it lately? You should if you haven't in awhile - all in one sitting it makes the whole thing come together. As my BFF BM would say "this is the whole megillah" (a reference from Esther) of what our faith is really all about.

There are so many quotable parts - I don't even know where to begin: "If God is for us, who is against us?" (8:31) & "But who are you - anyone who talks back to God?" (9:20) & "We must pursue what promotes peace and what builds up one another" (14:19) - So much to take away - I don't even know where to start. What I am learning will likely emerge the coming days. But this led me to want to go to my dad's library and learn more - I have books too - I was just really hoping He would be up so we could talk - but to give Him some time - I watched some TV and ended up with my spiritual BFF BM on LifeToday concluding a talk on hurt and healing broken hearts. What I learned from this is like a whole post in itself - but let's just say that my spiritual BFF did the thing and got my spirit running and revving to spend even more time with my Jesus. So - 6AM off to see my dad.

Not up - BUMMER. He usually is up in His own alone time with God working on His sermons - so I was all geeked up that we could talk about what we both were learning. Oh well, I ended up waking my parents up and neither where nearly awake enough to talk about all the spiritual adrenaline coursing through my veins - so I spared them and just took some of my dad's books and came home....BUT not before I stopped and got some chocolate Haagen-Daz ice cream! Oh yes I did eat the best chocolate ice cream on the face of the planet at 630 this morning! LOL. And it was so good you would be jealous if I could pen how well Jesus and ice cream go together :O)

So then I was in commentaries for a few hours reading about Romans. And came across this idea from Martin Luther "sola fide" which is latin for "by faith alone." That just set me off. So like a nerd I've read until about 9am, until I got sleepy again b/c my brain was so full - but not before in true nerd fashion getting my head into no less than 5 books. One last one I must note is some quotable moments I had with another one of my spiritual BFF's Oswald Chambers - (I have his complete works in one volume b/c I have a beautiful gma who loves me enough to have bought it for me.) Look at this from his lecture entitled "the worker"

"God can break or bend or mold, just as He chooses. You do not know why He is doing it; He is doing it for One purpose only, that He may be able to say, 'This is My man, My woman.'"

Woo-hoo that is what I needed to hear today. And,

"The only test that a worker is Christ's witness is that he never becomes mean from contact with mean people any more than he becomes sinful from contact with sinful people."

My goodness. And these are only a few words of note. Clearly God is all in my business today reminding me of the joy of being a Christian. I've been a bit hum drum b/c of the spiritual depravity I am surrounded with in my current circumstances. But praise the Lord God woke me up in a nerdy mood today - not having a job has the perk of me being able to have these unadulterated times with the Lord. After a nap, I am really more charged up than before. My heart is bursting with joy and wanting to learn more I am having a hard time focusing! So, I think I'll work the adrenaline down with some house work.

I hope you all have a blessed and nerdy day today. Commentaries really aren't that dull when combined with this hunger for more - you should check one out sometime. The ones on the New Testament by Holman Publishers are really quite readable if you need a more book like approach. Okay - enough for now - later gators!

No comments: