Saturday, August 21, 2010

Day 231 "Day One"


Today was really quite and interesting day. I mean it was all sorts of whacko with how it came about - but honestly - it turned out so well I can't complain. The BFF was on the mind right away though - this whole 30 day situation I found about yesterday was just churning in my mind....

Last night, I had the hardest time sleeping, which meant I lost a good chunk of my day to recovering from that. But once the brain got going again & my wits came back to me - God was just all up in my business in the best sort of ways. So, I have really felt determined to allow God to speak to me on how to approach this "30 days of healing" situation. But I was worried about starting it because - WELL - if you have seen the blog I like starting things, but not always finishing them :O) SO - this is different though - I THINK - 'cause I am more determined! Hehe. No seriously, it's like the BFF said when she was writing So Long Insecurity - she was mad enough to do something about it - and well shoo fire - I am finally mad enough to find a way to kick these past hurt eruptions in my life!

Though I will keep my five "hurts" to myself - I do hope you will have fun joining me on the journey. I am working to journal & blog the experience, memorize some Scriptural weapons for my heart arsenal & pray - whether I know exactly how to pray about it or not. But most important - stay focused and alert about the messages He sends my way to minister to my needs. Ummm - you won't believe this but today HE SENT THREE. I feel like this is a very good start :O)

Today's verse was from John 15:12-13 "This is my command: love one another as I have love you. No greater love than this, that someone would lay down his life for his friends."

And yes, one of my "things" revolves around a relationship - this verse ministers to me b/c it reminds me of why and how I can love - despite how a relationship is going. I can choose to ignore and flat stomp on the enemy when he tries to get me all worked up over a situation or conversation. And, instead of letting it hurt me - I can just choose to love. So, for the next 30 days in this particular relationship - I am choose not to argue or engage in a negative way. This will be hard - but I know God can help me. And, hopefully in the end it will yield some positive results on both our parts.

On another note: God also blessed me with a wonderful visit with my mom. I had this conversation with her telling her - telling her that I was unsure about this waiting situation b/c it made me feel lazy. She encouraged me and then when I got home - out of the blue - my aunt sent me an email telling me about a story she just read in Scripture. As a result she felt she needed to send me a note telling me to keep patiently waiting that God had a plan!!! Can you believe it? AWESOME.

Anyway, it is a bit late right now. I am really up way late - I have to get going and get ready for church tomorrow - But between you and me - I am ready to get my praise and worship groove on RIGHT NOW! LOL. But, I guess I can wait a few more hours so that I can have some friends to do it with me :O)

No comments: