Friday, April 16, 2010

Day 106 "Bummer Dude - no SLI ATL for me"


Oh mano. You will not believe the email I received today. After months of praying, a woman finally contacted me about a ticket to the So Long Insecurity event in Atlanta. I was both excited and bummed all at the same time. With it so close though I would have needed to see a God size financial miracle in my life today. As a missionary - an $800 last minute plane ticket just isn't on the agenda. But, I believe my God is big and you better know I prayed every moment for a miracle to happen! I even considered playing the lottery LOL (not really). But God must have something bigger for me that day - His will wasn't a plane ticket today. You know what though? He blesses me all the time so I really can't complain. He just must have something for me at the simulcast in West Haven, CT.

Anyway, it reminded me that a few weeks ago when I was at my commissioning service - I jokingly took a few pictures so that I could pretend like I was at the event. Oh and to practice for the event God will have me do there one day of course! :O) haha. Anyway, though not all the pictures from my iPhone photo shoot are flattering - I am working to be more secure now so I will share some of them with you anyway :O)


This is the church that it will be at:


Here is me making Johnny Hunt's (pastor) cardboard cut out look a bit cooler
(my preference would have been a Yankees/Rangers or Astros attire):

This is me standing where my BFF will be speaking:


This is me getting the SLI audience warmed up
(I doubt she will be behind this podium though - she always brings her own - I am almost willing to put money on that fact - Sigh... I hope I am cool like that one day):


This will be one of her perspectives from stage - except full of people :O)

OH - AND you know that I had to know what the president of the Southern Baptist Convention and thousands per week pastor keeps in his pulpit.... SOOOO

Want to know?


HMM> I thought there would be more than scraps of paper, a few bits of trash, a number two pencil and anointing oil - I learn something new every day LOL. This I won't soon forget however :O)

Well, anyway, it was fun that day being able to pray ahead for my mentor and what she will accomplish on that stage in a few weeks. And though I won't actually be sitting there - it was sure fun praying that it could happen :O)



No comments: