Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day 118 "Boston Reflections"

Today I am in good ole Boston, MA. I am getting ready for a training event here for work, but I am so very excited about it. I can't wait to see what God is going to teach me through it. I was blessed to be able to come in a day early to help set up - I love being able to contribute behind the scene - there is something about it that warms my heart. Plus, it feels good to end the day on a good note since this morning was all about me having a root canal - boo whoo. It's good in the hood - I feel blessed to have been able to get it fixed when I needed it.

Well, I know when I am writing my blog to all by bloggy friends - I know most of those friends are the other peeps that reside inside my head :O) But, in case you drop by to this post today or in the future I just want to give you a little hello today and say I hope God is blessing you!

I know this week's posts have not been particularly insightful, but I've been writing hopped up adrenaline and pain killers (for my tooth) - so I can't claim to be deep right now - s0 if you are reading...thanks for sticking with me.

So, it's been an adventurous day today and I can honestly say I am pretty tired, but God did not short me out on my mentor moment today. In October you see I will be back in Boston to hear the BFF speak to all the peeps up here. God keeps me reminding me of that like every 30 minutes or so. Does He want me to pray about it or what? So, I am. But, I can't help but let my mind wonder on what my life will be like six months from now. I'll be all done with school. This blog project will be nearing the last leg of my journey. Who knows right?

Maybe tomorrow I'll be a little clearer minded when dentist drills are not reverberating in my head :O) So right now, I am just going to be prayerful about the opportunity God is giving me to contemplate the future. I rarely am a futurist in my mind - I like living in the present - it makes me free to trust God on a daily basis. But, I know there is no harm in setting goals either. Hmm. What will life be like in 6 months? I bet me and the mentor will be drinking coffee on a regular basis by then! - you just never know LOL - there is a good shot :O) Haahah oh the dreams..... All I know is that it will be drastically different from life now. The places God takes me never ceases to amaze me.

I can say, I hope that I am feeling even more secure than I do right now. I hope I am more in love with God and I hope I am being bolder in ministry and in life. I also hope that maybe I have more insights about my journey here with BM. Wanting more direction, I went to the Word and what I can say is that I also hope to be walking more like Jesus and that I hope Phillipians 2:5 is real and relevant to my life:

Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men.

I hope that I am living like God's bondservant. BM has taught me a lot about being a bondservant via her Breaking Free study so I hope God will continue to help me learn from her example so that I can yield my heart utterly and completely.

For now, as a new wave a pain killer dizziness is setting in...I am going to do right by myself and put me to sleep! May the Lord be blessing your socks off till we meet in blogger world again.

Bye peeps.

No comments: