Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day 119 "Boston Continued"


My mind is so full. I have had a wonderful day and God is really speaking to me. I've been brainstorming about two years on a vision that God has given me and today God has started to allow that vision to come together. It's crazy watching the pieces of the puzzle fall into place - yet extremely thrilling and motivating.

You know, God has really been using words of wisdom from my mentor in my life this week.

Today as I worked on discerning my vision, I was the only woman in the room doing so. (Talk about an opportunity to be insecure). We spent the day developing vision components and we were also to begin to rough it out. The next goal was to share it with our group. And as I stood by my representation (which was in the shape of a two foot, five petal flower), let's just say I stood out in a bright and colorful way. But, the cool thing was that I actually felt secure about it and good in my own skin. I knew that I was hearing God today and I was able to be confident and secure in that moment because God was at my side. This is a new feeling and I like it. I've overcome speaking insecurities in the past - after all this is what I feel like is my calling - but today I hit a new milestone. This time - with BM's word's still rattling strongly in my head - I was reminded that I am God's dearly beloved child. I remembered that I am one person with a unique vision who is called to represent Him to the best of my ability.

I am humbled by this opportunity to get to flesh out my ideas in an environment that enables me to make this God-sized vision a reality. Though my brain is complete mush at this hour, I am overjoyed to have the opportunity to write on here tonight. I'll write some more tomorrow. For now, I just had to get on here and acknowledge what God is doing in my life via my mentor and His strong working in me so that I can remain faithful to my project.

The verse on my mind today is Phillipians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." Whether it be trusting God to teach me through this blog or trusting Him as He guides my steps in this vision planning process - I have to say, it is only with His strength that I accomplish anything at all.

No comments: