Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day 181 "Re-Set"


So, if you have read up to this point in my blog you should know that Jesus Moments are followed by me being a total spas. Sometimes I think God forgets who I am and gives me a bit of an overdose when it comes to filling me with His Spirit LOL. Today, my mind is literally in a million places. Job searching, missionary work, writing a ministry and trying to get my life back in order. I am like PING...PING....PING. All said and done, making me a bit less productive then all my energy is making me feel capable of :O).

That being said, I am working to make the most of it. With so much to do I've been a little off track this week, I am trying to get back focused on what God wants me to do. I had to give up on anything that involved a computer because I was in an endless loop of trying to conquer the world for Christ in a myriad of ways :O) To save face, I felt led to be more productive doing something physical and choose to cook and clean. Cleaning my house makes me feel like life is a bit more in order and OK. Took some time to have some spa moments with stuff I had around the house. And, I made dinner for my dad, which helps me use my strongest ministry gift of hospitality and that always makes me feel more productive in life :O)

After all this, I am feeling a little more calm now. I love the ability to just have a "re-set" day. And, it totally set me up for my time with my mentor in A Heart Like His. Tonight I was reading the chapter on "Wholehearted Devotion" based on 1 Chronicles 28. Several things stood out to me:

God provides what we need. Now we, like Solomon, need to get busy. God promised His plans are to prosper us, to give us hope and a future (Jer 29:11). The Word of God and Christ's indwelling Spirit equip us to fulfill the works preordained for us in God's perfect plan. (263)

UM. Hello April, isn't this exactly what you need to hear today? Do you see why this project kind of creeps me out a bit. I couldn't make this if up if I were trying. God's timing...BLOWS MY MIND. I wanted to be done with this book a couple of weeks ago, but God has had me slow down with it and now I get it. I especially love 1 Chron 28:9:

Serve Him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the Lord searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thought.

Mano. I prayed to asked God to help me be more sold out. His reminder is that I must have a willing mind and trust that He is able to discern my motives even if no one else can.

BM continues by pointing out directives to help us understand and apply this in every area of potential success: Acknowledge God; Serve Him with wholehearted devotion; and Serve Him with a willing spirit. Good word right?

So, that being said. I take pleasure in being reminded of Jer. 29:11 (one of my favorite verses) and encouraged to "get busy" from my mentor. God is going to provide for my every need in His good and perfect time, I just need to work to acknowledge Him, serve Him willingly, and continue to pursue a wholehearted devotion to Him.

OH peeps, I have to get going, but I hope this was encouraging to you.

No comments: