Friday, July 2, 2010

Day 182 "Perspective"


Well, so far I have posted every day this month! LOL. That is a good feeling.

OK, I know blue and green are my favorite colors right now, but my goodness God really displays it for me in the best way. I wish you could see the day with me right now. If I wasn't so broke I would go play golf :O) so I could prance around in God's beautiful creation. But seriously, if God moves me back south I will miss this mid to high seventies weather. My sun burn from Monday is almost healed and I am ready to get back outside - I think I may just do some 5K training today just so I can get out there. But anyway, I digress.

My brain is still all over the map, which is to be expected from the surge of Holy Spirit still booming about inside me. I can't say I got an early start to this day, but I can say I feel a bit more focused. I feel pressed to finish up the "undone" in my life. I want to get organized the piles of things in my life that are just a hair shy of being completed you know? I am a starter by nature, which means I am all about new things and letting others finish them. But, I know there is value with bringing finality to unfinished business. So, though I was going to start a full force job hunt today, I decided that it would be better for me to continue getting organized and taking a few things off my plate. Then Monday, see where God wants me to go with the job hunt. Unfortunately, one unfinished thing is laundry (BOO) so I am working on that and also on trying to get caught up a bit on my blog.

So far today, I have brought one thing to completion: A Heart Like His. Tomorrow or the next day I move to the next book, but for now I revel in the finishing of this one. The best thing for me is a brief glimpse at one of my all time favorite heroes: SOLOMON. I wish her next book was on His life, but anyway....here are my take-aways today:

Never underestimate the power of a positive example! David could not have motivated the leaders of Israel to give freely and whole-heartedly to the Lord unless he had given (272).

The whole "you never know who is watching," adage comes to mind. Especially now as I am taking a risk to write up this ministry concept God has me working on. Can I truly be an example to people? I am uncertain, but I am certain of who my God is. And if God can use David, and BM for that matter, then He can use me. I just need to work to be dedicated to God first and foremost.

Passionate hearts and genuine praises are invariably contagious. David's overflow cause a tidal wave of praise (273).

Golly. I get this one too. It is amazing how differently people can react to me sometimes. When I am totally jazzed up after a Jesus Moment or time of worship with God I think it is more obvious than I realize. I want this to be more true in my life. I don't want to just have this overflow sometimes - I want to have the overflow continually. It is something to strive for anyway :O)

Perspective invariably accompanies praise. Hearts prone to praise will keep perspective on the timeless might and power of God. Without an active praise life, our perspective of God gets turned upside down (275).

This is so true and a welcomed reminder. You know, even when at the bottom emotionally, finding a way to praise has an unimaginable good affect on my life. Even Wed. as I was working into my time with God, I was just speechless. But being able to get my ipod out and sing to Him the feelings of my heart - really just opened me up. Then after all the tears and time with Him, I was able to put on my Mandisa, etc on and just jazz it up and act like a crazy person around my house :O)

David's house was in order. God had given a weary man strength and helped him prepare a family and a nation for life in his absence (278).

I hope God is not having me get my life in order because my time is coming to an end. But I see the value of keeping this perspective that David had in his last days. We need to be mindful of God's timing. Are we doing what God asks us to in the time He has given us? This is at least something I am pondering right now.

Well, I totally have perspective today on what God is doing for me as I work through my future BFF's journey. I know what is coming in Breaking Free and I think that it is cool that God allowed her to first write this book regarding the nature of heart. I know that it was a Bible Study first, but to see how it gets a person preemptively ready to "break free" kind of amazes me. OH the conversations we could have....LOL. I am sad this brief study of David is over, but thankful for all I have learned through it. Well, I guess I am off to see what else I can finish today, but I hope you have an awesome day peeps!

Song of the Day: Captivated by Shawn McDonald


No comments: