Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 197 "Early Morning"


I woke up really ready to start the day today. Such a good feeling this is the second day in a row that I have woke up early. I went to my dad's first thing to help him put on a yard sale. While working I prayed that I would get word from the gentlemen who I need a reference from for my application packet. Just when I was finished helping my dad set up...He called. Not only that he had my reference in hand and was on his way to a meeting really close to where I live. I love how God's timing always works together for good.

I was able to drive and meet him. Better yet, I was to the post office well before the noon cut off time I knew I needed to shoot for last night. So, I was able to get my application packet overnighted and to the hands of the people who need it. I hope it is God's will for me to have this job - I know I want it badly enough. But, I want His will more. So if this is not His plan...I can't wait to see what else He would have me do with my life and time.

I also received great encouragement from a new friend who is helping me to be a part of a Bible study on Ruth. This keeps me in touch with my mentor who is studying the same book right now as a part of her Siesta Summer Bible Study. I am very happy about this. I have wanted to be a part, but it has been a struggle to get up and get going with it.

So, today I looked into the book which lead me to a verse from Hebrews 11:27:

By faith he left Egypt behind, not being afraid of the king's anger, for he persevered, as one who sees Him who is invisible.

This is talking about Moses and his journey. But it encourages me to remember that God often calls us to walk by faith and leave our past behind us. We need to persevere and live as one who sees Him who is invisible. What a word this is to my heart and soul today. Getting that job application in today is a mark of perseverance today. I have been struggling for many weeks to stay strong and keep looking toward God and trusting in His plan. And, today, I got to put some feet to it. What a blessing.

Anyway, I have to get going. People in the yard are calling out to me! Bye peeps.

No comments: