Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 199 "Steady & Ready"


Today has really been a great day. For the fourth morning in a row I am up and participating in life before 7am. For some, I know this is not early. But - considering the battle I have had this last month with sleep - my spirit is rejoicing that God has allowed me to overcome and find rest. My spirit woke up alive and focused on God.

My dad picked me up at 730 for a game of golf. I am so blessed to have a dad who loves me enough to spend time with me. Even though certain things in both of our lives are not quiet making sense, it is nice to know that my dad is willing to take some time to step away from the chaos and spend a morning playing golf with me. Most would laugh to know we are playing golf. It is a sport he introduced me too and we don't really have a lot of experience - but we are having a blast on the road to becoming professional golfers :O) The best part is we get to talk and I get to hear how God is working in his life. His willingness to stay focused on the positive during a time when the pressure to view life negatively is so great encourages me a great deal. I give him the credit for teaching me to love God with my whole heart even during times of insecurity with life circumstances - this is a gift I will treasure always.

I am looking forward to this week. There is something exciting about the possibilities that it holds. I am preparing for a conference that I am kind of scared of. I am waiting to see if I will get a response from the application I shipped out on Saturday. I guess I am just on full alert for God to show me the way to go.

My mentor moment was pretty direct today. I was watching a LifeToday episode about "Not throwing away your confidence" - I think it is a whole series. And the main verse BM spoke on was Hebrews 10:35-36:

So don't throw away your confidence, which has great reward. For you need endurance, so that after you have done God's will, you may receive what is promised.

This is a Scripture I have read before, but it is especially pertinent to my life today because I am kind of living in the middle of where I have been and where I am going. It is so strange really, but kind of exciting. But, it also can make me feel kind of insecure because in some ways I don't feel like my life has any particular purpose. But this verse and the message from BM today reminds me that I need to remain confident in who God has made me to be. I need to endure and continue to seek God's will. I need to accept the encouragement He offers me to stay steady and be ready. I need to act when He tells me to act and believe when He tells me to believe so that one day I will receive all of what He has promised.

You know, God assures me He has plans for me all the time. He works directly to answer my prayers or to give me just what I need to make it through the day. And today, He saw fit to fill my heart with joy. I am so thankful for that. I look forward to what is ahead.

I hope you are feeling blessed today. Later peeps.

No comments: