Sunday, July 18, 2010

Day 198 "Sunday Morning"


Woah. This is the first Sunday morning in a long time that I have missed church and been in town. I am in charge of worship which is part of my part-time job - so I haven't missed unless I have been out of town. But this morning, I was given an opportunity to have some time to myself. I prayed a great deal about it and decided that I would stay home.

I went out this morning into the yard and the weather was wonderful and a soft breeze was blowing. I just sat and felt like I was soaking up God into the pores of my skin. For a bit I actually sat back in my chair and dozed off a bit and had the best 15 minute nap a girl could ask for. Then I opened my journal and my Bible and began to write. I like being alone with God - especially when it can be outside. I am kind of convinced that is why I have taking to liking golf so much.

We had such a sweet time together today. It was a priceless morning between us. I've been praying so much on where God would have me to go and what He would have me to do. Today, He just calmed my spirit and told me to stay where I am and wait for Him to finish working. We talked a lot about my current financial situation b/c I have some serious concerns about it. Just because He is who He is He used a lady at church today to help pay a bill I did not have money for. Three bills left for the month that have not been paid, but He proved He knows what is going on and that I am working to be faithful. Now, there are only two bills left. I love how specific God is when He works.

Anyway, I am glad to share this intimate time with you. Here is the verse that captures my spirit today from Hebrews 4:15-16:

For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tested in every way as we are, yet without sin. Therefore let us approach the throne of grace with boldness, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us at the proper time.

Amen right? Have a blessed day peeps.

No comments: