Friday, January 15, 2010

Day 15 "Backsliding"


We may wish we could get everything we want - until we look at David & Bathsheba. The gap between wanting and getting is where we must flex the muscle of self-control to protect ourselves. David had risen to a position where his every wish was someone else's common. He had ceased to hear a very important word - one without which integrity can not be maintained. The word no.

-Beth Moore, A Heart Like His, pg 171

Today was a hard day. I willfully sinned against God. I have nothing to say except that my soul feels numb - I feel as if my mind is not my own. A war is raging inside. The ultimate high of yesterday followed by today's ultimate low. I'm at my weakest.

My heart is desperate for God today - I feel to weak to fight off the evil one. Sometimes I just want to be like David and go hide in a cave while God works to heal me. I'm unquestionably weak and so ready for God to come and take us home where we no longer have to deal with the unsettling circumstances of this world.

My prayer today is for my weak willed soul. God knows my hearts cry is to be obedient to His will for my life. I've asked him to clear the fog in my soul and give me a revelation. I am pointless without God and I need God my friend with me today.

Here is my hearts prayer:

God, I need your forgiveness, you love that is never failing. You are mighty. You save. Give me the passion for you my soul craves. Please be my everything. Clean my soul. Give me a pure heart and mind. Allow me to live with joy and with the confidence you desire for me. You conquered the grave, you can help me conquer my weak mind and insecurity. God, I've lost my way today. I don't know how to make it. I don't know how to get done all you have put before me. I know we can do it together. shine your light. Please allow me to accomplish Your will. May your spirit burst through me and completely take over - nothing more would please me. Heal my broken heart. Heal the pains in my soul.

Thank you for loving me. Thank you for saving me. I look forward to the hope you will provide in the morning. Cover me in your love tonight. Wrap me in your arms. Amen.

No comments: