Thursday, December 31, 2009

Tomorrow's the Big Day


Tomorrow, I begin a new journey. Blogging my life seems weird. I have doubts. Am I on the verge of a psychotic break? :O) Yet, somehow I believe God will work in my life in mighty ways this year. Each year it seems I resolve to give Him a little more of myself. I become a little more dedicated, a little more faithful, a little more godly. Honestly, I think each year I become more aware of how far my soul still has to go. Maybe that is maturity. Maybe we feel dumber as we get older because God broadens our awareness of how much there is in this world we have yet to master. I don't look on this situation negatively though - I almost view it as God giving us a break from monotony. I would rather spend life knowing that everyday an adventure awaits me if I am willing to trust God to direct my path. Seems appealing right?

Anyway, my hope is that I remain faithful to Him despite the difficulties that will come my way. They will come. But, a fresh hope is always available in the morning. I look forward to sharing my journey - even if it is only for my own benefit.

Pondering the year behind me, I have much to be grateful for. This year, God's hand has truly been upon me through both my ups and downs. He has taken me through tremendous highs and magnificent lows. There were days I simply thought I might not make it. He came down to me though. He rescued me from the pits and has pulled me out of the darkness. He allowed me to experience joy. I have much to look forward to this year.

Well, my mind tonight does not seem to want to produce eloquence. As I sit here, (in Lufkin Texas - the town in which I was born) I am in awe of how God maneuvers me in His great plan. More on life another day. Now, it is time to prepare for that ball to drop. I am blessed to ring in the new year with family. For now I rest in this, no matter what this year holds, I know I will not endure it alone. Tootles!

Our hope for you is unshaken, for we know that as you share in our sufferings, you will also share in our comfort. - 2 Corinthians 1:7



No comments: